Humber boat fishing

fenboy

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The lads I know fished the big cod match on the Humber yesterday they had 30 nice cod to take home and a couple of the prizes sadly they wasn't in the money, first was a cod of 10lb, second 8 1/2 lb and third 7 lb loads of cod still in the river

The lads I know fished the big cod match on the Humber yesterday they had 30 nice cod to take home and a couple of the prizes sadly they wasn't in the money, first was a cod of 10lb, second 8 1/2 lb and third 7 lb loads of cod still in the river

I have just joined the Grimby humber fishing on fb and have been looking at some of the pics from the comp there was a lot of fish cough think i am going to have a go from the bank on monday morning

yer the odd one or two coming out by all accounts

I went down to Bay 26 on the wall with my mate Steve yesterday as we had heard that the Cod were still about, we had a cracking afternoon, we started fishing from 2.00pm as the tide was flooding in, Steve had a small codling within 2 minutes of his 1st cast on Rag worm, which was released safely. I was fishing a large Lugworm bait on a single clip down rig about 40 yds out and had to wait a good 10 minutes before I had a bite which resulted in a small Cod.

We managed to catch 7 fish in total, all of which were released, no significant size-- biggest went about 2lb.

I managed to miss some cracking bites though, and Steve had his rod pulled out of the tripod by one fish, he just managed to save it from a watery grave :lol: , but the fish managed to do him in the rocks.

Several guys commented that they had never known the Cod still be here at that time of year.

I went down to Bay 26 on the wall with my mate Steve yesterday as we had heard that the Cod were still about, we had a cracking afternoon, we started fishing from 2.00pm as the tide was flooding in, Steve had a small codling within 2 minutes of his 1st cast on Rag worm, which was released safely. I was fishing a large Lugworm bait on a single clip down rig about 40 yds out and had to wait a good 10 minutes before I had a bite which resulted in a small Cod.

We managed to catch 7 fish in total, all of which were released, no significant size-- biggest went about 2lb.

I managed to miss some cracking bites though, and Steve had his rod pulled out of the tripod by one fish, he just managed to save it from a watery grave :lol: , but the fish managed to do him in the rocks.

Several guys commented that they had never known the Cod still be here at that time of year.

Talked to a bloke on wednesday and he fished from a boat with his brother and the first 10 cod were keepers and then they just put them back but they had over 30 fish in the afternoon.

i am going to have to get out over that side of the bridge and have a go from the wall somwhere not fished it before lol

• 1 month later...

I have tried unsuccesfully on a few occasions to book a couple of places on a boat in the Humber this winter.

The upshot being they are not really interested unless the whole boat is booked .

As It would be midweek its been impossible for me to find enough rods to make up a trip .

So anyone on here interested in a trip or two next season midweek ?

Be warned it would be a cash up front gig , as I have arranged trips in the past where you have 12 rods the night before and 7 or 8 the next morning leaving me seriously out of pocket.

me and a mate have got booked onto predator from Grimsby on the 30th i am looking forward to it not been for a while now.

Are you still going ahead with the day at the back end ?

me and a mate have got booked onto predator from Grimsby on the 30th i am looking forward to it not been for a while now.

Are you still going ahead with the day at the back end ?

Good luck , are there still cod being caught in the humber ? or is the boat running offshore ?

Any day I arrange now will be in the autumn .

I went off Whitby for the first time in 20 odd years bank holiday monday just past , had a good day bringing home 8 nice eating sized cod a put a few back too , not bad value at £50 for a 10 hr trip I thought , I will be going back in July for another go

Good luck , are there still cod being caught in the humber ? or is the boat running offshore ?

Any day I arrange now will be in the autumn .

I went off Whitby for the first time in 20 odd years bank holiday monday just past , had a good day bringing home 8 nice eating sized cod a put a few back too , not bad value at £50 for a 10 hr trip I thought , I will be going back in July for another go

Yes there is still cod getting caught in the river he is running out to some wrecks further out to but catching bass skate as well.

Who did you go on from Whitby the last 3 times i went we broke down and had to get towed back in lol

Yes there is still cod getting caught in the river he is running out to some wrecks further out to but catching bass skate as well.

Who did you go on from Whitby the last 3 times i went we broke down and had to get towed back in lol

We went on Mistress.

• 2 weeks later...

Predator always has odd days and will book single people on if you ask.

Me and Pestcontrol1 are out on the 30th with him.

Cod still being dragged out of the river..... :yes:

We tried predator , but it is quite annoying when a answer phone says leave a message and I will get back to you , and then no one bothers !

We tried predator , but it is quite annoying when a answer phone says leave a message and I will get back to you , and then no one bothers !

Very strange...always had a call back.

There are two numbers, Craig the skipper and his wife, Chrissie.

Also available via facebook. That's what we used this time to book our trip.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Charter-Boat-Predator/142319632604000

Edited by Sprackles

Just got back from a day out on Predator with Pestcontrol1.
Due to wind we stayed within the River but managed to bag a nice box of fish between us with plenty of other fish coming aboard for the others too.
Main species was Cod...nice size too, followed by Whiting, Dabs, Skate, Flounder, Smooth hound, and Lesser spotted doggies.
Ben will no doubt be claiming his prize from his missus after her betting him £20 he would not catch a thing. :lol: