Choke opening

Chris Bb

I'm looking at buying a barrel for a semi auto and/or a double barrelled gun both choked at full.

I want both opened to round about 3/8.

Any recommendations for gunsmiths capable of doing this at a reasonable price somewhere on the south coast or elsewhere by post?

Also, I assume that if I only part with barrels there'll be no problems with paperwork (SGC)?

Mate had his done by Teague as he had it cut for multi-chokes. Simply having the choke opened a tad wont be as expensive obviously, but it will involve removing any chrome lining and dependant on who does it could entail sending for re-proof which will add to costs on top of RFD charges. If I was going to have a choke opened up I think I'd get Teague to do it regardless of cost, their patterning procedure is second to none I believe.

Guest Mick.j

I think i would wait until something suitable came along, as the costs soon mount up getting any choke work done.

BUT if you must Nigel Teague would be my choice

Please do not think that because a man holds an RFD he knows anything about guns , the firearms act or poof law . The police seem to give them out to all in sundry who work out of back bedrooms and garages .

If there was test of basic knowledge of the afore mentioned subjects most would fail .I personally have never held one having worked for others who do , but believe me when I say it is often easier to get than a shotgun or firearms licence . I regularly deal with people who have been RFD's for years and seem to have learned nothing in that time apart from how to sell guns about which they know very little .

Please do not think that because a man holds an RFD he knows anything about guns , the firearms act or poof law . The police seem to give them out to all in sundry who work out of back bedrooms and garages .

If there was test of basic knowledge of the afore mentioned subjects most would fail .I personally have never held one having worked for others who do , but believe me when I say it is often easier to get than a shotgun or firearms licence . I regularly deal with people who have been RFD's for years and seem to have learned nothing in that time apart from how to sell guns about which they know very little .

Fair comments, but mates RFD is well aware of what he's doing and I get the impression he relies on shooters lack of knowledge for monetary gain. This is why I put 'dependant on who does it'; not many shooters argue the toss with their RFD. We've caught him out on a couple of separate occasions, and he's come clean with a smile on his face. Didn't faze him at all even though he could see I wasn't chuffed. I don't mind anyone making a living but I resent being ripped off.

I refuse to deal with him at all anymore. If I'm honest I have to admit mate still deals with him on very rare occasions but only because it is convenient for him being so close to his place of work, but he knows mate is onto him now.

I don't think there are 'poof' laws anymore in this country. We live in enlightened times. :)