200+ day on cut grass and clover

Topgunners

OOOPS.

I Meant weekend.!!!!!!

Saturday

We met up and set up for the blackies on another new farm I acquired in the week.

The idea was, to shoot the cut field and the other one was to set up around the barns on the other new farm about 1,000 yards away. Then hopefully we could bounce them around,

Unfortunately the farmer with the barns in question, and with about 800 birds on them, had forgotten he was having visitors up from the South of England. He asked me to put it off until midweek. I was gutted.

Myself and Lugs set up on the edge of a spinney,under the flight-line, and Alan set up right down the other end of the field.

We had some great sport until about 2.30pm and then it dried up.

We had some terrible weather. Sunshine, clouds, peeing down rain, thunderstorms in the distance.

We persevered and ended up with 76 for us and 8 for Alan (he did shoot off home after an hour or so?)

84 shot
69 picked

And only 1 (I think it is) pigeon. lol

Good day considering the bloody rain.!!!!!!!!!

IMG_0776_zps2thhldov.jpg

Sunday

Out for an early morning stalk for the deer. The boys were up before dawn. Yawn!!!!

No deer, but a "Basil" decided to take the wrong route. Fox down.

They moved onto the barns and had 34 crows and 3 pigeons, before they stopped flighting.

I had gone to the farm we had shot 150 on last week, on the cut grass, and the boys on some clover, on another farm.

I drove into the back field and a fox was sat there staring at me. I jumped out of the Jeep and dropped him as he ran.

I arrived to see the field full of Cows and about 400-500 blackies .

Not looking forward to it but I set up and had shot 37, when after the hundredth time I had got out and shooed the cows from my decoys, they just wouldn't stop. So i'd had enough and picked up.

I moved to the barns and had some cracking sport with a bag of 39.

Total for me

76 blackies.

The boys had shot over to some clover fields and had a very lively afternoon with

52 pigeons shot.

Good weekend all round, despite the weather.

Total shot.

184 x blackies

56 x pigeons

2 x Foxes

Roll on the blow-holes in the wheat.

Dave K

pigeons_zpsor89yl7e.jpg

crows_zpshpsa44d2.jpg

hide_zpshny9hjej.jpg

Edited by Topgunners