Avalon Guns

Davyo

My 243 is a Howa 1500 Davey. For the money you can't go wrong. I've found the Hornady 58gr vmax is really accurate out of mine. Great foxing round. Pricey mind. Mine did'nt like 100 gr privi but yours might you never know until you try. Been thinking for a while now of treating it to a Boyds stock as i don't like the hogue but other than that no complaints. Does the job. Enjoy :good:

ATB,

Pat

My 243 is a Howa 1500 Davey. For the money you can't go wrong. I've found the Hornady 58gr vmax is really accurate out of mine. Great foxing round. Pricey mind. Mine did'nt like 100 gr privi but yours might you never know until you try. Been thinking for a while now of treating it to a Boyds stock as i don't like the hogue but other than that no complaints. Does the job. Enjoy :good:

ATB,

Pat

Hi mate,

Love the gun took it out last night and got 3 Charlie's,the 1st one was a right mess wth the Winchester 90gr (£13 a box as thats all RDF had in stock).Charlie came charging in & both myself and the lamp man had to shout to get him to stop! 75mtrs out he stood look straight at the barrel.Put the cross hairs on his bib and squeezed one off.When I walked up to check him over he was a right mess,he must of dipped his head as I pulled the trigger.The bullet endeared his face and travelled through the whole body and exited the left bum cheek.there was no face on one side and the rear left leg was hanging on by a thread.The last 2 where taken at about 90mtrs just behind the front leg in the boiler room,both exiting with extensive damage.

Cracking gun for the money,plus I sold the detachable magazine kit that came with it for £25.Will be back out on Thursday night for a second bash.

• 3 weeks later...

Davyo,

Is your local RFD the one with a name same as a town in Yorkshire?

That has to be the worst most ignorant shop in existence,

They will never get another penny off me!!!

Avalon on the other hand,

I have had 2 guns off them, both as described and hassle free,

I was at the Birmingham gun show a few ears back, they had a Beretta kit bag I wanted, they couldn't let me have that one but took my name and address and sent me one, post free and the invoice enclosed, I paid by return of post,

Can't get fairer than that

:shaun:

When I had a problem with a rifle they weren't helpful when I asked to speak to jake Nathan said its that ******* bloke again top quality service and politeness my left butt cheek won't go back there sportsman or Steve Beaty best gunshops around and they know there stuff

had dealing with that jake, wont go back there again.