My 1st decoy set.

jbk

BB. I apologies for getting up on the horse over your post but as soon as I get the >> you need a bit of another bit of paper Ect, Ect it is like a red rag to a bull to me. I can see where there is good reason to learn from an experienced person especially from someone who is doing it for good reason to help newbies. But if this sort of thing gets established then it seems to become the sort of expected norm. The thing about the son in law is ongoing. He was told by his feo that this bloke is running the course in conjunction with basc. There are no courses available at the present and he was told that if it was urgent then the cost for the one day course would jump from £ 125 up to £250. Beware of taking people out on your permission that they don’t try to get you booted off such as has been reported on here recently of guests turning up with mates and you getting the flack off of it or a guest going to the farmer and telling them that they can do a better job Ect. Well done for offering to help others.

Edited by fortune

BB, well done, it'll be fun.

I reckon most of us agree that there's far too much bureaucracy, silly health and safety and political correctness in this world of ours these days. Not helped by the fact that adherence to it is a commercial opportunity for too many people and businesses. And Fortune you're definitely right that there's no replacement for in field experience, reconnaissance and learning yourself etc. But it's gonna be great to get out there initially with one of you experienced folks and learn quicker and have a bit of company in the process. Right now I'd struggle to identify between each of those types of pigeon and last thing I fancy is having to call Mike Tyson and tell him I shot one of his racing pigeons.

With regards to; "Beware of taking people out on your permission that they don’t try to get you booted off”, at least I can assure you there’ll be no such issues with me. Even through a meeting online, a lot can be gleaned from the quality of one’s posts I reckon.

Edited by jbk

BB, well done, it'll be fun.
I reckon most of us agree that there's far too much bureaucracy, silly health and safety and political correctness in this world of ours these days. Not helped by the fact that adherence to it is a commercial opportunity for too many people and businesses. And Fortune you're definitely right that there's no replacement for in field experience, reconnaissance and learning yourself etc. But it's gonna be great to get out there initially with one of you experienced folks and learn quicker and have a bit of company in the process. Right now I'd struggle to identify between each of those types of pigeon and last thing I fancy is having to call Mike Tyson and tell him I shot one of his racing pigeons.
With regards to; "Beware of taking people out on your permission that they don’t try to get you booted off”, at least I can assure you there’ll be no such issues with me. Even through a meeting online, a lot can be gleaned from the quality of one’s posts I reckon.

Amen to that! :good:

Ha ha ha, yeah bug***ed myself up there I reckon! Please excuse any poor posting from me, past present or future!!

Anyhoo, moving on, I'll let you all know how I get on with my dodgey decoys over the coming weeks so we can all share a laugh or three.

Edited by jbk

Ha ha ha, yeah bug***ed myself up there I reckon! Please excuse any poor posting from me, past present or future!!

Anyhoo, moving on, I'll let you all know how I get on with my dodgey decoys over the coming weeks so we can all share a laugh or three.

If you want a good larf then thats the way to do it............its all a learning curve....im glad you have pigeons to shoot at....my freezer has been empty for some time....

It will be if we're using my decoys!

A very helpful Simon from this forum sent me some guidance as to how to use the manual flapper that I inherited in my ebay purchase, looking forward to having some fun with that. I particularly liked his warning of 'less is more' and don't flap too much and or when the bird is too close or they'll think the decoys are taking off!! V good point, sounds like lots of fun to me!!

I got the airfix paints out and had a go at repainting one of my decoys on the weekend, there's an artist in me after all, or maybe not ! ;)

I think I might have invented a new breed of pigeon, the 'battleship grey' with double eyes and a big white polar neck!! (It's not finished yet!)

post-69413-0-20901200-1448363697_thumb.jpg

Edited by jbk