SGC timeline in Powys

buze

On a side note, I was in a shop in Bourne End today -- and they were discussing the fact that in Berks/Bucks it now takes >6 months to get a SGC; in fact some people renewal already took longer than that!

So all things considered, Wales might not be in such a dire situation after all!

4 months for my variation. A reminder email the day after 4months was up and 2 days later it arrived....including two mistakes! Stocked up on bullets and contacted a nice bloke in the office who said send it back and he'll correct the mistakes and send it straight back. It went in Monday for the corrections so fingers crossed it comes back Friday/Saturday.

• 2 weeks later...

Soooo... We're getting the visit in two days, at last! Can't complain tho, still within the timeline that had given us when we called.

Apparently they do long hours too, the gentleman called at around 7pm. Doesn't look like 9-5 applies to them at the moment...

We're all excited now ;-)

It was Paul Davis as it turns out.. Not his unusual patch as he his cross county, but that was very nice as he his a shooter, and knows of our shooting ground, instructors and so on. Turns out it was a very nice friendly visit, and I'd have him for a cuppa anytime he'd come in town really!

He told us or tickets would appear within 2 or 3 weeks...

Received mine today in the post. They were helpful in the office to be fair. Now time to go shopping and try not to spend too much, or have a good cover up story for the wife.

How long did it take for you then?

We hope to get ours next week - with a bit of luck... And I'm afraid we've already put a deposit on the guns, so that's gonna be an expensive week-end ;-)

If it's Dyfed Powys police, they are the slowest on earth. I think they hand engrave the tickets out of granite or something. We moved into their area from the Met, so all they had to do was change the addresses on the tickets. For some reason I got mine after 5 months, but my son had to wait 10 months and when he did get them, his FAC details were wrong! :mad:

i put in for a variation at the beginning of December, so I expect I have a few months to wait yet.

Edited by walshie

I've submitted my application about 6 weeks ago, not a peek since -- anyone has an idea how long it takes in mid-wales?

Gun cabinet is neatly installed, deposits are on for our 'first guns', now just need the certificate to be able to shoot without an instructor!

I didn't hear anythink for 3 months with tames valley until they rang for my interview then didn't hear anythink after that for 4 weeks had to phone the FAO to get him to find out what was going on was told the lieance has been granted but waiting for it to be printed out so should be a another couple weeks how long does it take to print a bit of paper out gggrrr Edited by kory1986