crossman ratcatcher

E27N_JD

Released approx ten years ago the Crosman Ratcher air rifle now has a huge following, especially with Pest control companys who find the compact Crosman ideal for use in confined spaces,

What makes this model so different from the majority of other guns available? firstly it must surely rate as the lightest most compact air rifle currently available, it is powered by a small CO2 powerlet, this is loaded by removing a threaded cap which is situated just beneath the base of the barrel, once this is done replace the cap and retighten it, this pierces the powerlet charging the gun and gives you around 50 - 60 shots, powerwise you are looking at just above the 9ft lbs mark making the Ratcatcher a medium power gun, ideal for dealing with Rats, Squirrels, and Pigeons, the power of the Ratcatcher is perfect for this as it makes overpenertration by the pellet less likely, killing the prey more cleanly and imparting shock, the lower power also lessens the chance of damage to property,

The Ratcatchers single stage trigger is factory set perfectly, its bolt action loading is slick and easy and should pose no problems, one thing i would advise is the fitting of a good quality silencer to tame the sharp crack of muzzle blast on the guns discharge, other than that the gun is quiet and recoiless in operation, Would i recommend the Crosman Ratcatcher?...most certainly, i own one!!

GUIDE JULY 2009, By Ken Lambourne.

Edited by Les*1066

They are not very good cheaply made under powered rubbish do not buy one they are at best a kids plinking gun a pest control er would never use such poorly made gun I know I bought one then bought every crooked barn extra for my nephew it cost in excess of £300 once I had finished and still it had no power they are rubbish do n9t learn by my mistakes

Edited by psycho

I love mine apart from the noise it makes on firing-deffo needs a Moderator. 25 good shots and accurate/powerful enough to kill up to 20 yards IMHO. So light that you can shoot it one handed and ,despite the trigger being heavy, its accuracy is impressive. Good to see a return to a steel breach by Crossman-the plastic one were really carp and, no doubt, have cost the maker a lot of repeat sales. Selling mine cos I don't ever use it and it's loud enough to wake the dead-2250xl latest model, still boxed £100 + postage.

I love mine apart from the noise it makes on firing-deffo needs a Moderator. 25 good shots and accurate/powerful enough to kill up to 20 yards IMHO. So light that you can shoot it one handed and ,despite the trigger being heavy, its accuracy is impressive. Good to see a return to a steel breach by Crossman-the plastic one were really carp and, no doubt, have cost the maker a lot of repeat sales. Selling mine cos I don't ever use it and it's loud enough to wake the dead-2250xl latest model, still boxed £100 + postage.

can you PM me a photo, its on behalf of a friend/Non PW member

Hi

I had a couple that I customised, I only have the dark one now as I swapped the silver one for a pristine mk6 Airsporter!

I replaced the crappy plastic breeches that don't allow a scope to be fitted comfortably, I replaced the barrel on the dark one with a Crosman 2250 (Rabbitstopper) barrel, This will up the muzzled energy a little but a stronger hammer spring would do a better job!!

I'm thinking of removing the 24" barrel and shortening it to 18" as it feels unbalanced when shooting!

I had to make a bolt for the black one as the steel breech didn't come with one!

I also made a brass adapter on my lathe for the silver one to fit a silencer that was too large for the dinky 10mm dia barrel!!

XKaZyoa.jpg

John :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi strebor - my gun shoots thru both sides of a bean can at 25 yards (.22) - not a drinks can, a bean can, and will put 5 pellets well inside an inch at the same range-bloody good job your instructor knows better thou - I will make sure that I don't shoot vermin with it :hmm:.They are noisy and 25 full power shots is all I rely on per capsule but otherwise I cannot fault them for what they are, mine is up for sale only because I have far too many alternatives but if a group of us join up for a plinking session I rarely get chance to use mine myself-very popular.

• 1 month later...