possible to run a 2003 navara on veggie oil mix.

flash

I run my fourtrak on mix (60 benz to 40 oil at the mo). As far as I am aware that unless you either refine it into biodiesel (quite a complicated setup, see link below) or have it converted to a heated dual tank system, you probably wont be able to run it on pure.

Anyhow, here's the link

http://www.ravenfamily.org/andyg/vegoil.htm

Best of luck

ZB

I run my fourtrak on mix (60 benz to 40 oil at the mo). As far as I am aware that unless you either refine it into biodiesel (quite a complicated setup, see link below) or have it converted to a heated dual tank system, you probably wont be able to run it on pure.

Anyhow, here's the link

Best of luck

ZB

listen guys this is illegal unless you are paying tax.watch yourself :good:

Anyhow, here's the link

Best of luck

ZB

No it's not, the law changed in july. Read the link and you will see.

ZB

Anyhow, here's the link

Best of luck

ZB

No it's not, the law changed in july. Read the link and you will see.

ZB

alot of the lads on the land rover site run with a mix of 90% oil and 10% petrol, you dont need as much petrol as you do diesel to thin the oil (+ petrols cheaper than diesel) alot of them dont even bother with heaters with this mix as the petrol stops the oil getting to thick when cold, but an inline heater is cheap and easy to fit anyway just to make sure

i got all the info you just posted,you maybe right.but i dont think so.will post when i have proof.by the way ,i hope you are right. :good:

Col, the below text is lifted direct from that link:

Stop press! The rules changed on 01 July 2007. They used to be cumbersome and require that small producers (home users are just very small producers) register and submit monthly returns. Now, if you use less than 2500 litres of oil a year, you don't have to register or pay duty! Here's the press release from the Revenue; the rules themselves are being rewritten and I'll update when they have settled.

Here is the link to the HMCR press release:

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/briefs/excise-duty/brief4307.htm

ZB

good to know. think i will look further into this. will work out very cheep in the long running, saving around 15 quid a tank.

cheers

flash

Flash personally i wouldn't do it on any relatively new diesel. To me running it in a fourtrak or old diesel sustem is one thing but running it through a new one is another. The costs if you screw the pump up etc are really quite silly and to save £15 a tank it really isn't worth it.

i got all the info you just posted,you maybe right.but i dont think so.will post when i have proof.by the way ,i hope you are right. :good:

Stop press! The rules changed on 01 July 2007. They used to be cumbersome and require that small producers (home users are just very small producers) register and submit monthly returns. Now, if you use less than 2500 litres of oil a year, you don't have to register or pay duty! Here's the press release from the Revenue; the rules themselves are being rewritten and I'll update when they have settled.

ZB

Hi

Corn oil from sainsbury's 54p a litre.Running my Range Rover on a 75/25% mix and will increae to 50/50% in spring.No modifications made.

Hogey

Ok now im confused

i run a 2003 x-trail 2.2td with 112 bhp

its not the newer 2.2dci with 135bhp

so is mine ok to run on oil?

cheers

shaun

well?..... :good:

Not if it's the DCi as that employs the common fuel rail system. Although the DCi and the Di have the same engine code, YD22DDTi, the older one which I think is the one you have has a rotary pump and can be run on oil.

Be prepared to change fuel filters more than regular service intervals and I would run 25% diesel especially in the colder months.

LB

Ok now im confused

cheers

shaun

Not if it's the DCi as that employs the common fuel rail system. Although the DCi and the Di have the same engine code, YD22DDTi, the older one which I think is the one you have has a rotary pump and can be run on oil.

Be prepared to change fuel filters more than regular service intervals and I would run 25% diesel especially in the colder months.

Cheers mate

*tootles off to costco*

LB

Ok now im confused

cheers

shaun

LB

ZB

ji stand corrected carry on lads,this is why these forums thrive gret info :lol::):lol:

Hi

Corn oil from sainsbury's 54p a litre.Running my Range Rover on a 75/25% mix and will increae to 50/50% in spring.No modifications made.

Hogey

Guest The Outlaw

Could any of you chaps tell me if my 99 kangoo non turbo would run on oil and if so what mix would be best.

It is a rotary pump with seperate fuel lines to the injectors.

I dont know if it high or low compression though.

I rember my dad used to put petrol in his lorry during the winter to stop the diesel from jellying up.

If I use 25% petrol to 75% oil would that not burn to hot and kill the valves?

Tony

Guest The Outlaw
Yes you can Outlaw and don't put any petrol in with your diesel as it ignites way too early.

Your dad used it because the diesel didn't have the additives it has now and diesel 'freeze' is pretty much a thing of the past now we have global warming :yes:

LB

Thanks for that LB.

Do you know what mix of oil and for want of a better word accelerator ie white spirit? is one I have heard being used to help with the burn.

I think the oil would be slower burning than diesel so would need something to help it ignite.

Tony

Yes you can Outlaw and don't put any petrol in with your diesel as it ignites way too early.

Your dad used it because the diesel didn't have the additives it has now and diesel 'freeze' is pretty much a thing of the past now we have global warming :yes:

LB

Thanks for that LB.

Do you know what mix of oil and for want of a better word accelerator ie white spirit? is one I have heard being used to help with the burn.

I think the oil would be slower burning than diesel so would need something to help it ignite.

Tony

Please don't add anything other than some diesel Tony.

LB

Guest The Outlaw

LB

Thanks for that LB.

Tony

75% veggie oil - 25% diesel?

I would make up a small batch say 20 litres first and see how it goes.

Tony

Please don't add anything other than some diesel Tony.

LB