Importing guns

flight-path

let me offer you some advice DON'T BOTHER !!! i have imported some guns and it was a mine field best left to rfd,s with the correct licenses ...

its not impossible but without the correct knowledge and licenses your gona run into a vast amount of problems theres who will carry them for you ,proofing then theres duty vat and they want your authority to posses and then they need to placed on your license all that associated with the fact that if you find a dealer in the USA willing to ship to you they will require a premium for the paperwork !!

you can and its easier to get a international license and get a cheap flight with a airline willing to let you carry them and go and get it yourself !!!

the law will allow personal imports but its not simple !!!

Im looking for one of these modern muzzeloading shotgun but thye dont seem to be avalibe over here.Could i fly to america and but it on my shotgun cert and bring it back.Will they allo that.

You won't be able to purchase one in America legally.

That wont stop you getting one, but you had better be careful.

Im looking for one of these modern muzzeloading shotgun but thye dont seem to be avalibe over here.Could i fly to america and but it on my shotgun cert and bring it back.Will they allo that.

i think you have two live there for 3 months befor you can buy a gun.i found out about it.asked a chap in walmart.

after reading his inquiry, and his purpose of use I believe he is not a legal ticket holder. he has been advised by some of us that it is not feasable?or legal , for the use he wants to use it. I hope the mods remove his inquiry and him, from this forum. Come on HD, get rid.In fact he says he has a relative in the states then says Wallmart sell them, then asks how he can import one... keep away from him, and his daft questions.

Edited by berettaman1

Humm i shure its an offence to attempt to purchase a firearm without a license !!!

guide lines

and below Are cps guidelines terming the actual definition of Attempting ...............

Attempting to commit an offence

A person is guilty of attempting to commit an offence under the Criminal Attempts Act 1981 (CAA 1981), section 1(1) if s/he does an act which is more than preparatory to the commission of the offence with the intention of committing an offence.

The offence consists of both an act (actus reus) and a mental state (mens rea).

In each case it is a question of fact whether the accused has gone sufficiently far towards the full offence to have committed the actus reus of the attempt. If the accused has passed the preparatory stage, the offence of attempt has been committed and it is no defence that s/he then withdrew from committing the completed offence.

An attempt is an offence of specific intent. It requires an intention to commit an offence to which section 1(4) Criminal Attempts Act 1981 applies.

if your not sgl holder your on some thin ice !!!

Cheers.This is the kind of gun i am after. http://www.tcarms.com/firearms/firearmDetails.php?ID=3902

I have become a bit of a muzzle loader fan.

PS

Do you have to have a liceance to buy powder?

Whether the request is legit or not, just so everyone knows that is NOT a muzzle loading shotgun. That is a full cartidge shotgun like any other. If you note that it says 3" chamber, you can tell that it is a normal shotgun. TC does make a muzzle loader shotgun barrel for the encore (or at least did for some time if they have stopped), but that isn't it. If anyone wants more info on the encore, just PM me. I have one and it will be in the country next Sunday. Mine is coming as a 223 as that's how I have it set up from home. It is on my ticket as a rifle obviously.

Thanks,

Rick

I know guns look cheap overseas, but importing will easily double the price.

You need to have paperwork at both ends, special carriers, handing charges and customs clearance charges, duty, vat, and proofing.

I have just completed an import.

I agreed the purchase in October 2007, and I'm still unable to use the gun as its at proof. It cost £476 at source, and the final cost (forgetting any value on hours of work by me) has worked out at £1254.

Bargains overseas? Not really, by the time a main agent has bulk imported them they still offer much better value purchased over here ready to use, rather than trying the personal import route.

Clayman

lol

Dont take this the wrong way, you may find his daft but.

would it be legal to post say a gun trigger component on its own? and if so could you get away with posting a stock on its own and so on and so on?

cheers

Edited by sparkymark

lol

Dont take this the wrong way, you may find his daft but.

would it be legal to post say a gun trigger component on its own? and if so could you get away with posting a stock on its own and so on and so on?

cheers

Fine until you get to the pressure bearing parts that require proofing. Then you need your FAC/SGC.