Dartford Clay Shoot - 31st August 2009

Markio

best idea so far..... cos at least going round in 5's means you won't be waiting ages to shoot :hmm:

I was trying to keep quiet about it but the team idea is nonsense on a general meet up, trying to keep it too rigid just adds to complication and it won't happen on the day. There'll still be 20+ of us plus the rest of the dartford locals shooting. Insisting on teams of 5 makes it more hassle for other members that want to join in. It almost works on organised shoots where the starts are staggered. Would you like to organise that with the locals too so we don't have to wait about for too long to shoot each stand?

Can we just turn up a shoot please, if anyone wants to shoot with members of another squad then go for it.

EDIT: We'll have to squad up to a point but lets be flexible on numbers.

Edited by Markio

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:hmm:

Lets just go and shoot,

If you want to hold hands with your buddy all the way round you can, according to their website they have 10 stands so 10 birds on each and thats your 100.

We will all shoot at the same birds and have an overall winner who will buy the teas afterwards. Job done

I was trying to keep quiet about it but the team idea is nonsense on a general meet up, trying to keep it too rigid just adds to complication and it won't happen on the day. There'll still be 20+ of us plus the rest of the dartford locals shooting. Insisting on teams of 5 makes it more hassle for other members that want to join in. It almost works on organised shoots where the starts are staggered. Would you like to organise that with the locals too so we don't have to wait about for too long to shoot each stand?

Can we just turn up a shoot please, if anyone wants to shoot with members of another squad then go for it.

EDIT: We'll have to squad up to a point but lets be flexible on numbers.

****s sake boyz.... I was purely saying it would be easier to be in around groups of 5 otherwise the wait between shooting gets too long. I'm not fussed who I shoot with...... but just not in a huge group ( i only know 1 person shooting at dartford that day.... so all of you will be strangers!). If we're gonna be shooting in groups of 7-10.... then to be honest I'll leave it cos it takes ages to get round...

Pete,

At least we have the first part right, We are going to a ground that is OPEN :oops:

Unless it has changed and I have missed something aren't we going to Dartford on the 31st August for a 10AM start, shoot with who you want?

Or is that to difficult to understand?

****s sake boyz.... I was purely saying it would be easier to be in around groups of 5 otherwise the wait between shooting gets too long. I'm not fussed who I shoot with...... but just not in a huge group ( i only know 1 person shooting at dartford that day.... so all of you will be strangers!). If we're gonna be shooting in groups of 7-10.... then to be honest I'll leave it cos it takes ages to get round...

It's ok, we've all done this shooting stuff before. :oops: No one is having a pop, just that the concern is that we're trying run this meet with 'teams' in the same way the original shoot organisers would have done, now those organisers aren't part of it anymore it will all change (it's inevitable) with people coming and going from the line up. The point of my post was to highlight we need to keep it relaxed and simple. And splitting into groups of just 5 is no sure fire way to get around smoothly, the same number of people will still be shooting the ground that day.

Mick, good to have you along - give that useless prefect Zapp a nudge and see if he's game. Well errr don't do that, just ask him if he wants to come along to this.

Go on then :good:

I'll bring one of my antiques along (by which I mean wabbitbosher :P ) and one of my old side by sides and show you all how it isnt done.

As for the ground, felt/steel/any other restrictions I need to know about as I will be bringing old-gun-compatible carts with me?

ZB

Deffo up for this one.

Can't believe some are concerned at how long it will take to shoot. It's a bank holiday, it's a shoot with the lads, there's food and drink available in the club house and the wife and kids are at home.

Sounds like a perfect day out :good:

• 1 month later...
I'll be there from 9.45 a.m.

Zapp don't forget my new toy - shame WB can't make it - tell him he's a poofter for ladying out.

Indeed Mung, your new toy awaits.

I have shot the hell out of it checked it's proof with some 50g steel BBs for you too :good: :yp: :yes:

ZB

You weed !!! i hammered some 10 bore 82 gram 4 inch MAGNUM SAS Slugs in it (bit tight i know) Only whimping out because i need a shoulder replacement now !!

Working for BASC really at the Shropshire Game fair but doesn't sound as cool

Enjoy !!

WB