North/South meet up thread

Zapp

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roll on Sunday...........the weather can't be any worse than last Sunday... :lol:;) B) :hmm: ........I got soaked. :good: ........hope to see you Northern Numpties all turning up for a good stuffung..!!

Cat

I'll be there :oops:

I got wet and blown about on Sunday too, couldn't be any worse than that (hopefully) :blink:

Can I eat roadkill? :oops:

Anyone driven to Grimsthorpe from London/Essex/Kent way? The first bit is easy, but I'm wondering if it would be better to stay on the A1 past Stamford and carry on up to Colsterworth before turning off onto the A151. The A6121 From the A1 past Stamford direct to Grimsthorpe looks very slow and fiddly.

Stick it in the Sat Nav and do what she tells you

Anyone driven to Grimsthorpe from London/Essex/Kent way? The first bit is easy, but I'm wondering if it would be better to stay on the A1 past Stamford and carry on up to Colsterworth before turning off onto the A151. The A6121 From the A1 past Stamford direct to Grimsthorpe looks very slow and fiddly.

Lincolnshire doesn't do motorways :good:

Not usually much traffic about though, so driving isn't too much of a chore in that part of the world

Stick it in the Sat Nav and do what she tells you

Silly bitch in the Nav box doesn't take into account average speed over a given route though, often leaving the fast road whenever a shorter direct road appears, even if you've set the 'fast roads always' in the system set up. This direct route often littered with Villages and traffic lights etc.

Having studied Google Maps, my route is gonna be A1 all the way to Colsterworth and then A151.

Silly bitch in the Nav box doesn't take into account average speed over a given route though, often leaving the fast road whenever a shorter direct road appears, even if you've set the 'fast roads always' in the system set up. This direct route often littered with Villages and traffic lights etc.

Having studied Google Maps, my route is gonna be A1 all the way to Colsterworth and then A151.

Yes, that's the best route.

But make sure you go past the entrance to Grimsthorpe House on your right, then on to the next village of EDENHAM, go through the village and it should be signposted on your right hand side. Keep on driving up the track, you've not got lost, just keep going, but it's a fair way from the village...!!

I'm aiming to get there by 9.30

Cat.

Not that early.... 0730 departure for me I think...

Was there a general concensus on an arrival time, or are we best to avoid that bit for fear of starting another big argument where everyone throws their toys out of the pram? :good: :o

Well, after all the whining and dummies, we're just getting there between 9:30 and 10. If others are there, then yo-ho-ho, if not, well we're shooting the competition anyway :lol:

I don't really have the first idea who's going and who isn't now, so that's what I'm doing :yp:

Postcode is PE10 0LN, but these rural postcodes cover a huge area sometimes. I would follow Cat's instructions about going past the gate into the village etc.

Edited by Chard