10 mins shooting in the garden

Jon-Boy

Hi Chaps just thought i'd post some pics of 10 minutes shootin in the garden with the s200. Darn pigeons are sh!tting everywhere. Time i **** on them!

I apologise in advance if the graphic nature offends, but clearly shows the effective-ness of a head shot. No suffering to the quarry!

post-11-1122302173.jpg

Edited by Jon-Boy

I disagree sharp shooter, i have shot loads of pigeons crows magpies etc. through both eyes (not on purpose, the pellet strayed slightly , a couple of mm) and all have been complete outright kills.the energy of the pellet is not fully transfered to the animal but there is enough to kill it seeing as the pellet hit the head. also , if there is a bloody great hole in both sides of the birds head the blood loss would be considerable therefore causeing a quick death.

Maybe your shot was a freak one ??? but all of mine have been perfect kills:D .

But to be sure of a clean kill make sure its behind the eye.

cheers

matt

Jesus christ chaps, critism!!! How can i dictate where a shot is goin to land exactly on the bird even if the shot is taken from a gun bench or something. Crosshairs were on the head, bang, death. I wonder sometimes how old you lot are and if you actually shoot when you go out.

These are a "pest" species remember and sh!tting in the garden is being a pest so......

Please say you didnt shoot that pigeon straight through both eyes!? No way does a shot like that produce a clean kill. It's happened to me before so I know!

So you obviously havent got a brain behind your eye either then!

Edited by Jon-Boy

Please say you didnt shoot that pigeon straight through both eyes!? No way does a shot like that produce a clean kill. It's happened to me before so I know!

You dont know alot then, you hit the bird in the head, i bet it was flapping around like mad wasn't it??? Most birds do this after a head shot, ive taken heads clean off pheasents with the shotgun, they hit then deck and almost run around!

Its called nerves!!

Thought u ment the magpie when you said a nice meal, i know theres some dodgy curries out there, but...!!!

I know my local kebab shop does some funny tasting donner's maybe its magpie meat mixed with a bit of lamb and maybe the odd rat!!

oo anyhow those shots were not through one eye and out the other, the bloody'd pic was of the the entry wound through the eye. The pigeon fell off the roof and ** the bench on the way down, kinda made the blood squirt if you know what i mean. No exit wound was visible, shot was about 30 yards so maybe its still in there. Im not one to go digging about, thing was dead before it hit the deck so good enough for me.

Hi,

The S200 seems a good gun What callibre have you got? I was thinking about getting one not that long ago, do you have the multishot adapter?

I shot a maggie yesterday in our duck pen with my lightening straight in the head with a .22 accupell, fell straight down kicked it's legs once and that was the end of him! it left a big hole in his head but there was no flapping.

P.S He wasn't in great nick being covered with ticks and fleas and couldn't fly but wasn't a young un. Not having shot a maggie before(to smart for me usually!) I was expecting him to flap around but he just flipped over and died.He was weak though! ???

The 200 is a great little gun, i have it in .177. yes i have the multishot adapter and the AA moderator. This was the second magpie i have evershot, first one was only last week. From these two experiences they are not that difficult to knock over.. The one in the pic was hit square in the front of the chest. Dropped without a twitch.

Thought u ment the magpie when you said a nice meal, i know theres some dodgy curries out there, but...!!!

I know my local kebab shop does some funny tasting donner's maybe its magpie meat mixed with a bit of lamb and maybe the odd rat!!

jon boy them greeks must mix some sort of lamb and rat in with the magpie. theres f*ckall to the bas&ards.if you want to get a lot of magpies get yourself a larsen trap from mid april to 22june i had 57 in my traps.and theres still 10 or so flying around know. yhey just keep reappearing.

Not a big fan of shooting magpies really, they are a pretty bird (well from a distance) I know i know....... dont slate me "i Know" how much damage they can do to the song bird population and all that.

I was asked to shoot them so.... I did!

Ill shoot them again if the chance arises but, im not one for luring them in or anything.

Jesus christ chaps, critism!!! How can i dictate where a shot is goin to land exactly on the bird even if the shot is taken from a gun bench or something. Crosshairs were on the head, bang, death. I wonder sometimes how old you lot are and if you actually shoot when you go out.

These are a "pest" species remember and sh!tting in the garden is being a pest so......

So you obviously havent got a brain behind your eye either then!

If you can't be confident of where the shot is going to land you shouldn't be taking the shot!

Surely the animal deserves a little respect when you shoot it. How would you feel being shot in the jaw etc?

As for saying I have no brain...Why make this personal? I wasn't slaiting you I just feel that the shot should be quick and as pain free as possible and in my experiance shooting them in the eye doesn't produce that.

Blood loss isn't an efficient way to die!!

Now I remember why I left this forum, arguementative people that don't have respect for the animals they hunt!

Its just a stupid thing to say, yeah i had the cross hairs on the right spot but there is always a chance ( big chance) the pellet is not going to hit that exact spot. (wobble of the shooter, wind, millions of the other factors etc etc) Im surpise you ever take a shot if you have the attitude that if its not gonna hit the exact spot you are aiming for, you wont take it.

Makes me laugh, you say im not respecting my quarry for shooting it a couple of mm off, those of us who shoot at a moving pigeon with a shotgun mostly results in a non instant kill anyway !!

Edited by Jon-Boy

Well said john Boy,

I like to creep up on most of the animals I hunt very quiet I inject them with a general anesthetic, and then return to my hide out.

I get my rifle out and then blow the ******* head off.

Really I think we all respect the animals we hunt but some people act as if we are going to take them home and bring them up to be our own rather than put the ******* into a curry.

:o