NOB's

TomV

Is anyone else a member? They have found me nothing so far. Given that the season is well underway, I think it is very poor that you pay to join an organisation and they can even find any beating for you!

Edited by stuartp
title fixed

Hello

I never joined the organisation that you mentioned. I got myself on the pickers up beaters and shoot forum. Just google pubs.forum on google and its the first listed. Its free and i joined three weeks ago and joined a shoot in northants, first shoot was last saturday and it was fantastic. Nice community and great place to get beating.

Good luck

I joined said organisation, paid up my £5, emailed them as advised I was activley seeking beating work, no response, no membership number / card, no nothing! I understand they might be busy but that was back in the summer. As some of the other guys said there are other similar clubs out there that are free and DO respond to you and keep you updated with emails etc.

I joined NOBS in August- they took my money, and nothing arrived.

I went on their stand at the midland, asked what was up, told they were a bit busy with the SACS deal etc, my badge etc should be through by the end of the month.

Well here I am over 2 months after they took my money and nothing...

David

Well I had the exact opposite,

I was a member of ***'s from the start, when it was free. I then rejoined each year and I was inundated with e mails from shoots wanting beaters and pickers up.

I only didn't rejoin out of laziness and never getting round to it.

Hello

I never joined the organisation that you mentioned. I got myself on the pickers up beaters and shoot forum. Just google pubs.forum on google and its the first listed. Its free and i joined three weeks ago and joined a shoot in northants, first shoot was last saturday and it was fantastic. Nice community and great place to get beating.

Good luck

I've joined PUB's as well, but not success to date!!

I joined them back in February at the British shooting show, Ive sent numerous emails stating I was looking for beating. I also visited their stand at the midlanf game fair to ask why I had not received any information through. Still have received nothing!!

I joined NOBS in August- they took my money, and nothing arrived.

I went on their stand at the midland, asked what was up, told they were a bit busy with the SACS deal etc, my badge etc should be through by the end of the month.

Well here I am over 2 months after they took my money and nothing...

David

Tom, do you know of any game shoot in your area?

If so you can call them up (when they are not shooting of course) and ask the head keeper if they need a hand.

Sounds easy I know, but that was all I did, I didn't use either of the associations.

I know of one but is a midweek shoot but cos I work weekdays can only do saturdays! I'll try find some numbers of shoots and give them a call! thanks!

As soon as people pay money for something then their expectations are raised.

NOBS paid some £13,000 for computer hardware and software to record members, shoots etc but their office is only manned by a volunteer, who also happens to be the sole shareholder, mondays to fridays 9.00am until 2.00pm.

It is a limited company with a Board of Directors, not elected by people paying fees, and their accounts show a turnover of some £24,000per annum in total from all sources, which indicates that they do not have 9,000+ paid up members.

PuBs is an informal forum which operates 24/7. relying on shoots and people posting vacancies and actually liaising between themselves to fill vacancies, thus it does not need a massive database, membership is not even required to use it.

Good news is that it works quite well. At one shoot where I personally beat there were 4 beaters sourced via PuBS, at another half the team were found by PuBS.

You pays yer money or not it seems.

At the end of the day the main point is to get people, especially younger people for there lies our sports future, out with us in enjoying countrysie pursuits.