tried my new magnet

stubby

so as usual got over the farm this morning, set up the blind,decoys,motion doves and the new rotary magnet, within seconds a pidgeon had come down and was in the bag, lovely blue sky and not another woodie in sight probably around 40 minutes before the second showed up, so I wasent to bother, 2 birds for 2 carts, then empty skies again, I could hear shooting in the distance on the other farm, so put this down as the reason for no birds, but why o why o why is it, that just when you aint seen nothing for ages, put the gun down and turned around to let "mr wriggly" releave himself, do not one but three woodies fly past, they were more sitting ducks than pidgeons, but of course, I wasent in a position to get them

while looking out over the camo net towards the magnet, something caught my eye directly behind it, at first I thought it was a crow walking towards the magnet, the realised it was a pheasant I let him walk away from the magnet before popping him off, did'nt want to pepper my new toy, I ended with a third pidgeon that was a good way up, probably 50yds, he came down like a kamikazi pilot bombing a boat, whizzing past my head by about a foot and crashing into the sheep fence behind me in a cloud of white feathers

so not the best day to test the new magnet out, as always when talking to the farmer he reckoned that yesterday there was thousands there

oh well, roll on next friday,

unless I can get out monday that is

while looking out over the camo net towards the magnet, something caught my eye directly behind it, at first I thought it was a crow walking towards the magnet, the realised it was a pheasant I let him walk away from the magnet before popping him off, did'nt want to pepper my new toy,

Not very sporting, eh...:huh:

You'd be thrown off any farm I shoot over for that sort of behaviour. :yes:

Cat.

Not very sporting, eh...:good:

You'd be thrown off any farm I shoot over for that sort of behaviour. :hmm:

Cat.

have had this pointed out already, as I never saw it fly in, Im thinking the earlier shots I heard may have been from a driven shoot, rather than woodies as I thought, and therefore could have been a "winged" bird, but of course I cant be sure of that, its the first time Ive shot a pheasant, so I'll know the "sporting eticate" next time, cant do anything bout it now, its plucked and in freezer ready for saturdays halloween bbq

Cat... your half right..

Someone from up't'North wouldnt be seen shooting Pheasants with shotguns!

A 12ft/lbs air rifle or slingshot is much more sporting, once you get past watford gap - or so i'm told... ???

:good: North south divide do i detect their ??? where still wearing glogs and flap caps you knows :good: watford wheres that ???