crows

terry b

hi all

i have been asked to shoot crows for a farmer i know,the thing is i usually take crows by chance when out on the pigeons ,has anyone got any advice on how to get them in ie decoy or whatever it takes to keep them coming in so as to shoot some reasonable numbers,any tips would be much appreciated :hmm:

cheers terry b

Just a few well placed decoys should bring the crows In mate :rolleyes:

I put out my 4 flocked crows and sit some broken egg shells beside each one.

I think the key to bagging crows Is concealment :good: you have to make sure you are well hidden as the blackies have excellent eyesight and are very wary.

The primos power crow caller Is also a great bit of kit for bringing them In from a fair distance.

jase.

Use a Primos Power Crow Call. They are excellent. Also, if you have one, use a battery operated flapper with dead crow attached. They go nuts when they see this.

Works for me! :rolleyes:

On Steve's recomendation i bought a power crow caller few months back and can also vouch with how affective they are.Only thing is sit and listen beforehand to learn the different types of calls and also practice the tones.

Decoy wise-i just use normal non flocked plastic ones set out randomly and about 2-5yds apart.Major difference i find to decoying woodies is i cant use dead crows in the pattern because they appear to know they are dead and veer away.Yet if i remove dead ones-they continue to come in.

• 2 weeks later...

couple of crow hypa flaps on the rotary a dozen or so flocked deeks and a Sam corvid man caller. Sometimes a floater. Of course hide and usual patterns i like rail lines as you can pop em off as they cross peering down at the pattern. Works for me :good:

Edited by utectok