Rape

ferretmanabu

got about 20 fields waiting to be cut the farmer keeps trying to cut but the rain keeps coming , got wet today walking with the combine and they had to call it a day due to the rain so now have to wait for the moisture levals to drop enough so it becomes dry enough not to use the dryers which cost a fortune to run .

pete

Had a great day today on rape stubble. Bagged 146 with 316 cartridges. Was using a Berreta 391 12g which would only cycle Rottweil and Express Catridges- bloody piece of junk!

Was using homemade magnet which really drew the birds in. Good hide in hedge made it difficult for pigeons to see me.

Started at 10.30 am and finished at 5pm.

Started off using 5 and 6 shot but then changed to Supercomp 28g 71/2 plastic wad and had many more clean kills with 1/4 choke out normal decoying range of 40 yards.

Will be out next Thursday and Friday to see how many more i can bag.

Staffs,

Indeed it is mate! HSE in Rimini Red, bit of a gay colour but a superb vehicle though.

I reckon you should be banned from owning a Land Rover product if you don't use it off road! :unsure: :yp:

PS, the drum seat is our 'pigeon shooters seat bag'

Cheers.

Had a great day today on rape stubble. Bagged 146 with 316 cartridges. Was using a Berreta 391 12g which would only cycle Rottweil and Express Catridges- bloody piece of junk!

Was using homemade magnet which really drew the birds in. Good hide in hedge made it difficult for pigeons to see me.

Started at 10.30 am and finished at 5pm.

Started off using 5 and 6 shot but then changed to Supercomp 28g 71/2 plastic wad and had many more clean kills with 1/4 choke out normal decoying range of 40 yards.

Will be out next Thursday and Friday to see how many more i can bag.

Thats a 46% accuracy rating, is that really a great day :unsure:

Staffs,

Indeed it is mate! HSE in Rimini Red, bit of a gay colour but a superb vehicle though.

I reckon you should be banned from owning a Land Rover product if you don't use it off road! :unsure: :yp:

PS, the drum seat is our 'pigeon shooters seat bag'

Cheers.

I have an X5 & the previous wan was sold with quite an annoying rear squeek due to last years stuuble shooting pursuits!. Decided this time to get a Defender for shooting. Still use the X5 for "posh days" (poser :D ).

I ordered the Sport but couldnt get to grips with it when i test drove it.

just ordered my new discovery tdv6 get it mid september cant wait keep telling the missus i wont go off road with it honest dear i keep telling her

told her that when i bought my td5 last year

been off road more than on she had a grumble last week when i got home with loads ofrape stubble sticking out of the front grill below the bunper :unsure: :yp: :D

shawn

ps anyone got a tdv6 if so what do you think

• 3 weeks later...

Shawn9914,

Only been in one as a passenger. Driving over fields on an estate where I (try) to shoot Roe down at Andover. As a passenger it was a great ride, very forgiving of fairly rough ground. The guy didn't even have to start "dialling in" the terrain, just left it on his normal setting! And on roads between fields it was real quick and smooth. Mind you, you'd wanna be careful of muddy boots etc. with all that "dead cow skin" so liberally sprinkled about! Just a pity they don't do something similar but stripped out for cheapness....