winter wheat.

lister1

i've got a new permission on a 30acre field of winter wheat. the wheat is a couple of inches high now.

whens the best time to shoot it. the pigeons aren't hitting it hard yet. is it best to wait till the hard frosts come and theres isn't much about for them or is it not going to produce much?

cheers lister

i've got a new permission on a 30acre field of winter wheat. the wheat is a couple of inches high now.

whens the best time to shoot it. the pigeons aren't hitting it hard yet. is it best to wait till the hard frosts come and theres isn't much about for them or is it not going to produce much?

cheers lister

Just after they drilled it would be one of the best times. The next best time will be if it gets laid after a storm in June ish, failing that, just after they harvest it.

cheers guys. theres a rape field next to it so i'll just sit in the ditch and spread my deeks over the two fileds and see what happens. need a good frost though.

Best put deeks in a pattern in one field to bring them to you at the right distance and place for shooting. :rolleyes: and Yes a good frost will help and the end of the berries/nuts

I have the same problem, one permission is small, couple of rape fields but public footpath and main road through the middle, perfect for pigeon but always a worry to shoot, other is large, isolated, but wheat, now if only the farmer would change them around !!

Edited by docholiday