Another weekend of Pigs and Goats

SPEEDY

I meant to put this on here when I got back the other weekend after spending 3 days hunting Boars and Goats at Bathurst but better late then never.

I got there on the Friday night just as my mates finished setting up there camp, I started setting up mine as they went off for a quick spotlight. After almost an hour of waiting they came back I wondered what the hell took so long until I saw a 105-110kg Boar on the back :devil:

IMG_1317.jpg

We went for another spotlight around 1am and as we got to the back of the property we saw around 15 Fallow on the side of the hill, we decided to have a walk at sunrise and see if they were still around. I didn't get woken in the morning so when I went up I went for a walk the other direction and nailed 4 Goats at 350m :twisted: before heading back to camp.

We went to get the others after breakfast, they didn't see the Deer but one of my mates did get a 65kg Sow right on the top of a bald hill. While taking photos of her I saw some Goats come out of the scrub line, a few sots latter and another 4 Goats hit the dust .

My mates sow

IMG_1353.jpg

My 1st Billy of the trip

IMG_1368.jpg

As we got back to camp for lunch I spotted a mob of around 100 Goats feeding around 300m from camp, we stalked down on them and I shot 5 and two of my mates got another 5 and even my dog got one.

DSCN4901.jpg

We went out the next day with a real estate agent to test hunt a property that I'm looking at buying with a mate, we went down the back 1st to have a look at the back boundary. After 15 min or so of standing around talking I went to take a leak a at the edge of a little gully when I saw a pig go running up the hill, two very fast shots latter he was on the ground with two holes in him.

DSCN4929.jpg

We went around the front/side of the place after that and hit two mobs of Goats with about 30 hitting the ground, we went back for a spotlight that night and saw another 20 or so Fallow.

The next day we we shot some more Goats on our property and had a long lunch, we went to the top of a hill that afternoon just on dusk where I climbed to the top of a hill while my mates stayed and watched a crop, I heard shots below me and as I listened in a mob of billies came out of nowhere. Once they got clear of where my mates were they stopped and I nailed a monster Billy and then proceeded to nailed another 6 top billies.

The big Billy (it was dark by the time I dragged him down the hill and I only had my phone so the pic's not good, but he went very close to 40" :twisted: )

Copyof01112009128.jpg

We packed up the next day and went home, but all in all it was one of our best trips, I got one Boar and 25 Goats but all up we got 3 Pigs and 60 Goats and one very very unfortunate cat (300win mag at 40m :twisted: )

Speedy

An interesting write up, looks like you had a good time.

I wondered what you did with 60 goats?

Could you please explain the term "twisted" is it to do with the horns on the goats?

webber

its probably pest controll..just like us getting 60 rats..or rabbits!!! i bet there isnt so many fast food resturaunts over there to sell um to!!! great write up!!! :devil: