What should I do about my old air rifle?

malkiserow

Keep it as it is and buy something else to miss about with :good:

im with Magman on this. wrap it in an old blanket, and stick it away. its in far too good condition to use, and keep it that way. buy a lightning for whacking rabbits. :yes:

im with Magman on this. wrap it in an old blanket, and stick it away. its in far too good condition to use, and keep it that way. buy a lightning for whacking rabbits. :hmm:

OK ... stong message not to risk wrecking my Feinwerkbau.

Sooooooooooooo for rabbits it is a .22 and from the advice given on the list of air rifles to choose from are:-

BSA lightening

HW 80

HW 77

any other springers?

Should I look at a PCP as well and what are the good ones to look for?

Try looking out for a clean Feinwerkbau 124 or 127 if you're keen on a springer they don't come much better :hmm:

(why have an old Ferrari and keep it locked away?)

HW80's an 77's are fair old lumps to swing around, and appreciating in value too, but very useful tools

If you're not going to use much ala your FWB and you want a gun to sit in cupboard for occaisional use stick with a springer IMO

If however you think you may get into this airgunning lark then a PCP would be a good choice, outlay being the restriction here, how far do you want to go?

BTW

.177 is for the purists

.22 is for the philistines

.25 is for the uncouth

.20 for the namby pamby Liberals

she's a beauty mate i'd leave her as is, but get her chronoed. if its putting out over 10ftlbs and you can shoot accurately with it its fine for hunting, but i wouldnt want to risk the dings and scratches your gun gets out in the field. all the springers you listed are spot on for rabbits, if you dont want a pcp what about gasram? hw90 or theoben evolution? if you want a springer my vote goes for hw80k. i had one 17 years ago and none of my recent guns have matched its performance, pcp included.

OK ... stong message not to risk wrecking my Feinwerkbau.

Sooooooooooooo for rabbits it is a .22 and from the advice given on the list of air rifles to choose from are:-

BSA lightening

HW 80

HW 77

any other springers?

Should I look at a PCP as well and what are the good ones to look for?

Hi malkiserow

Do you fancy a swap for a blingy (polished :good: ) HW80??

this one..

riflehw80bs.jpg

riflehw80abs.jpg

as already stated, these are powerhouses but a bit hefty to lug about on a shoot for hours on end :good:

i'll even put a better scope on it :good:

Regards, john :good:

id just get out there with the gun youve got if youre just shooting at a stable youre hardly going to be crawling through **** and scrambling through hedge rows with it by the sound of it theres not much reason itd get smashed up. ive had a hw90k for years that ive used on the farm very very regularly and it has one small and i mean small chip on the side after going all over the place oh and the paint has began to wear off on the auto safety. its probably worth about the same maybe slightly less. i dont think guns should be wrapped up and hidden away theyre tools in my eyes and should be used as such. just not abused. good luck whatever you do :good:

she's a beauty mate i'd leave her as is, but get her chronoed. if its putting out over 10ftlbs and you can shoot accurately with it its fine for hunting, but i wouldnt want to risk the dings and scratches your gun gets out in the field. all the springers you listed are spot on for rabbits, if you dont want a pcp what about gasram? hw90 or theoben evolution? if you want a springer my vote goes for hw80k. i had one 17 years ago and none of my recent guns have matched its performance, pcp included.

a small peace of advice ,my son bought a hw 80 second hand ,we took it to the gunshop in stockport to have it chronoed ,it was slightly over 11.6 so they confiscated the gun without advising us the consequences beforehand ,we then had tp pay the shop to have the spring cut & the gun was useless when we paid tp get it back !!!! you never know get a private chrono just in case ,

a small peace of advice ,my son bought a hw 80 second hand ,we took it to the gunshop in stockport to have it chronoed ,it was slightly over 11.6 so they confiscated the gun without advising us the consequences beforehand ,we then had tp pay the shop to have the spring cut & the gun was useless when we paid tp get it back !!!! you never know get a private chrono just in case ,

If the gun was running within the legal limit, what right did they have to confiscate it?

I'd even question if they have a right to confiscate it, even if it was running over.

WHAT!? you blatently want to go down there and kick off mate the limit is 12lb/ft and as said they cannot force you into paying them to work on it. its like going to a garage and they see you have a bald tyre then cannot make you buy a new one as its illegal. it doesnt work that way. definate con artists this gun shop which one was it?

WHAT!? you blatently want to go down there and kick off mate the limit is 12lb/ft and as said they cannot force you into paying them to work on it. its like going to a garage and they see you have a bald tyre then cannot make you buy a new one as its illegal. it doesnt work that way. definate con artists this gun shop which one was it?

hi lets just say its a big one on the a6 out of stockport ,the kid behind the counter didnt even tell me what fp it was at ,just took it of us & wouldnt give back untill the shop had butchered it ####s spring to mind ,dont use or trust that shop mate