Ear plugs

Dunkield

I can't find the new ones on the net, have you got a link please?

I use the orange colour ones, I found them uncomfortable when I first started using them, but now they are fine. They seem to have softened up with use!

I wore them for the best part of the day on Tuesday and forgot I was wearing them to be honest.

Just to recap, there are two types of the old ones.

The originals are very soft, they changed the material a couple of years ago to something harder - those are unusable.

I will put a pair of clear ones on my Christmas list, thanks Phil (for the answer, not for the present...)

Cosd they look like this:

4-1.jpg

ive got a pair and there are so uncomfortable its unreal it feels like putting screws in your ears, they kept falling out and when a shot was fired it still rang your ears but i over come this by cutting the smallest ring and making it flat so it is flush with the second one, then i got the soft thingys off a pair of sony erricson head phones and put it on them. so when i wear them the mold to the size inside of my ears and work perfectly and you dont know your wearing them. i will pput some pics up later.

Stuart... I had a pair of these

After wearing them to Bisley once, and coming away with the worst headache, and ringing ears that I've ever experienced - I switched back to full Muffs!

Knowing a lot of your shooting is with Rifle - I'd ditch the plugs idea, they simply DO NOT offer the same protection as a proper set of ear muffs, as they don't protect the bones around your ear.

GB

After wearing them to Bisley once, and coming away with the worst headache, and ringing ears that I've ever experienced - I switched back to full Muffs!

Knowing a lot of your shooting is with Rifle - I'd ditch the plugs idea, they simply DO NOT offer the same protection as a proper set of ear muffs, as they don't protect the bones around your ear.

I would only use them for shotgun shooting gary, I wouldn't wear anything other than muffs for rifles - anything else is waste of time IMO.

I have sportacs arriving tommorrow, tried those inner type..not for me, I am sure there has been a debate on here about protecting the back of the ear with muffs, doubt I will find it though, if anyone has information on the merits of that I would be interested to read it.. :rolleyes:

i haven't tried them so can't comment, i allways use my napier pro9's i find them very good and comfortable i have also used an old pair of sony plug in earphones with the wire cut off and put on the next size up earpiece to what i would use for my ipod, there not brilliant but better than nothing at all

I am only fourteen tried a few different bits of kit and found the peltor sport tacs to be the best, if i was going to wear them all the time it would be worth the cost. I have had them about 1 1/2 years now one of the best things i have been bought, i never take them off on a shoot day and you can still hear everybody else.

EDR

Just to recap, there are two types of the old ones.

The originals are very soft, they changed the material a couple of years ago to something harder - those are unusable.

I will put a pair of clear ones on my Christmas list, thanks Phil (for the answer, not for the present...)

Cosd they look like this:

4-1.jpg

Got the clear ones today, very comfy in the ear, barely noticed them after a short while, and they are good at stopping bangs. :good:

Got the clear ones today, very comfy in the ear, barely noticed them after a short while, and they are good at stopping bangs. :)

My ears seem reasonably tollerant to having plugs in them, after all I got on fine with original Sonnic II's until I lost one in the woods.

I will get a pair and report back after Chrismas, one way or the other - if I don't forget :blush: