Christmas Present Domestics

ph5172

As above??

PH and Mrs PH have had one today... about a Private Registration Plate....... Having the makers name embezzled across the bottom in 20mm high font that is nearly a 1/3 of the length of the number plate......

And how on earth she agreed to pay for it after she saw it.. and why infact she just didn't ask them to sponsor the car instead

Panic over... they were £25 she made up the price to stop it being smashed into a million pieces, safe to say it still looks **** and isnt going anywhere near the car, infact it winds me up looking at the suppliers name 1/6 of the size of the Reg Mark, and it has the name of the company who supplied the printing software next to the BS mark so its sat in the garage.

And this is me without a drink!!!

Am i being totally unreasonable ( i assume so as i currently have steam coming out of my ears and a pulse of 130) over a number plate

Panic over... they were £25 she made up the price to stop it being smashed into a million pieces, safe to say it still looks **** and isnt going anywhere near the car, infact it winds me up looking at the suppliers name 1/6 of the size of the Reg Mark, and it has the name of the company who supplied the printing software next to the BS mark so its sat in the garage.

And this is me without a drink!!!

Am i being totally unreasonable ( i assume so as i currently have steam coming out of my ears and a pulse of 130) over a number plate

You need to chill out fella....You must realize that when women buy mens things they don't always realize the finer points of detail. Quite often it is also they do-not like to say anything to the retailer in fear of offence-My missus is like that. When there is a consumer error and she knows it, it is normally me who picks up the pieces afterwards.

I would'nt worry about it....... Is it going on an Aston Martin? No point spoiling the one day of the year over a present.

The law says you have to have the suppliers details on the plate but it can just be a name & postcode. Dunno if there is a minimum font size though.

This is true.I used to make number plates when i was in the motor trade years back and the manufacturer has to now stick their details on the plate.The only reason its there is if someone gets a set of false plates made,then does an armed robbery and car gets recovered-they know where they were made.You'll also have to prove vehicle ownership plus identity.

Crisis over.

The car is adorned with the number plate supplied by Mrs PH (and all lined up in sequence they look quite good)

I have admitted i may have slightly over reacted..... Now to sort out the Cashmere V necks - because i never wear V necks.....

Round 2 - in your corners

Edited by ph5172

This is true.I used to make number plates when i was in the motor trade years back and the manufacturer has to now stick their details on the plate.The only reason its there is if someone gets a set of false plates made,then does an armed robbery and car gets recovered-they know where they were made.You'll also have to prove vehicle ownership plus identity.

i used to make them in jail :good::beer: