Hawke Scopes

Tobyb525

Hi,

Has anyone used one of the hawke SR recticles.

Do they actually work as well they say in conjunction with the Hawke BRC Software - ie the rangefinder and aim points

I'm thinking of the Hawke Nite-eye SR 3-12X50 for my 22lr when I get it soon as I know they aren't exactly flat shooting so this with the rangefinder recticle etc should make it easier at longer ranges.

Should I get this or should I go for a better quality scope such as nikon or leupold etc - Looking in the region of £100-£300. This one is about £130.

All help choosing appreciated :yes:

Tobyb525

If you can afford better then I wouldn't bother with the Hawke. The idea seems good but in my experience the optics just aren't anywhere near as clear as what you'll find even on a basic Leupold or equal. I just picked up a used Docter 6x42 for well within your budget to go on my .22lr. It's a far superior scope and will last a lifetime. You don't need huge mag for a .22lr and at long range the main issue is wind rather than drop. You can learn to hold over very easily, but as wind is a constant variable which no scope can help you with.

I got a Hawke Nite-Eye 3-12x50 on fleabay a while back for just over 50 quid brand new. All I need now is my FAC application to come back so I can get my CZ style .22lr.

:D - I'm getting the CZ Style aswell :D

If you can afford better then I wouldn't bother with the Hawke. The idea seems good but in my experience the optics just aren't anywhere near as clear as what you'll find even on a basic Leupold or equal. I just picked up a used Docter 6x42 for well within your budget to go on my .22lr. It's a far superior scope and will last a lifetime. You don't need huge mag for a .22lr and at long range the main issue is wind rather than drop. You can learn to hold over very easily, but as wind is a constant variable which no scope can help you with.

Cheers,

Have been thinking about it and it all seems a bit fussy TBH.

I am looking at the Leupold VX-ii 3-9X40 or 3-9X40 with lr recticle. They are at the other end of my budget but they are light weight and look like they will last a lifetime :blush:

I have a hawke on my 22lr CZ American and cant say that its bad at all, for the things you will be hunting mainly (rabbits I assume) and the ranges you are hunting them at, I dont think extreme scope clarity will help.

I do find a little bit of mag a help in zeroin ghowever, something like a 10 or 12 mag should be sufficient.

Thats just my opinion however :good:

Edited by stevethevanman

I am looking at the Leupold VX-ii 3-9X40 or 3-9X40 with lr recticle. They are at the other end of my budget but they are light weight and look like they will last a lifetime :good:

I have one and it's a brill little scope, optics are plenty clear. I've had a few Leupolds and they are always one of my first choices. I doubt you'd be disappointed if you had one.

Look like a nice gun mate, but it'll probably be about March when I get mine because the Police take months to process the application over here. Out of interest what are you paying for yours?

For what it's worth, I picked up a CZ452 Silhouette (usually go for the same price as a Style) brand new, 16" for £340 just before Xmas. The longer barrel length one (20"/22.5"?) was £20 cheaper but the 16" is great for jumping in and out of a 4x4 or crawling through hedges

For what it's worth, I picked up a CZ452 Silhouette (usually go for the same price as a Style) brand new, 16" for £340 just before Xmas. The longer barrel length one (20"/22.5"?) was £20 cheaper but the 16" is great for jumping in and out of a 4x4 or crawling through hedges

Well I've been quoted £385 for the Style 16" but the place I am getting it from it quite pricey even though they were the cheapest I tried in NI, I'll prob have to wait about 3 months for the PSNI to get their act together.