How well did we shoot today? 2010 edition.

Anni

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

73 at Southdown yesterday for me. Nice layout actually with a good mixture of midis, standards, loopers, battues and crossers - will definitely be going there again :yes:

Well shot Nick. :hmm:

It's now under "new ownership", did you notice any inprovements..??

Cat.

Well shot Nick. :yes:

It's now under "new ownership", did you notice any inprovements..??

Cat.

Thanks Cat; I had a few "blips" along the way but all in all steady(ish) :no:

Having not shot at Southdown too often, i'm probably not the best person to comment about any improvements. It wasn't the busiest down there yesterday but the targets were good (diverse and all hittable), i experienced no trap breakdowns or no-birds and there was a definite involvement from the staff there on the day; going up and down the lane on quads stopping and chatting to various shooters asking them what they thought of the layout and the day. All in all, well worth the trip :hmm:

Thanks Cat; I had a few "blips" along the way but all in all steady(ish) :no:

Having not shot at Southdown too often, i'm probably not the best person to comment about any improvements. It wasn't the busiest down there yesterday but the targets were good (diverse and all hittable), i experienced no trap breakdowns or no-birds and there was a definite involvement from the staff there on the day; going up and down the lane on quads stopping and chatting to various shooters asking them what they thought of the layout and the day. All in all, well worth the trip :yes:

Did you take the Mossberg? :hmm:

hopefully they'll make the targets a bit more sensible

Well, I understand that Dave Peckhams son, Shaun, has been retained by the new owners as "Manager". He has a reputation for sticking on some ridiculously hard birds, so, unless he "softens them up" a bit, the ground will continue to decline, which is a pity.

Cat.

Well, I understand that Dave Peckhams son, Shaun, has been retained by the new owners as "Manager". He has a reputation for sticking on some ridiculously hard birds, so, unless he "softens them up" a bit, the ground will continue to decline, which is a pity.

Cat.

That's what i thought

Not a big take up of registered then, 29 !!!

No, Llandegla is worse than Southdown. They started holding registered comps a few months ago and made them very difficult, so the numbers declined.

He had started easing up a bit, but this one was quite bad again.

I fear they will stop holding them again soon :yes:

No, Llandegla is worse than Southdown. They started holding registered comps a few months ago and made them very difficult, so the numbers declined.

He had started easing up a bit, but this one was quite bad again.

I fear they will stop holding them again soon :yes:

It'll end up like Kent - **** all registered ESP shoots

Any of you sad acts heading up to Spennymoor for their reg sporting on Sunday? I guarantee there will be more than 29 shooters there!

NickyT has just asked me if fancy a trip up to this heathen metrolopiss :yes:

I'll consult the driver :hmm:

Is it this side of the Arctic Circle? :no:

Edited by Chard