sending a knife to us

chris lewis

I am going to vist a mate in texas in just over a week . I have been told that the hunting knife that I have made him as a gift can not be put in my packed luggage. So I would like to send in in the post can this be done as I can not find the information anywhere, I need help very quickly as I will have to send it in the post on monday

Cheers for the help

It's definately illegal to put it in your hand luggage for obvious reasons but who said you couldn't put it in your luggage that goes in the cargo hold?

Right now I am in Canada and there is a knife in my shooting trousers that I brought with me in my main luggage, in fact they only ask if you packed your cases personally and no-one else has tampered with them.

Thanks guys . I am going to put the knife in my case . I will also print out that link as well, as it dosnt mention anything about knives. will let you know the outcome in three weeks :blink:

Just don't end up like the guy on the tube...law enforcement people are a bit sensetive at the moment (here and in the States) don't become a victim of their over zealousness :lol:

It's definately illegal to put it in your hand luggage for obvious reasons but who said you couldn't put it in your luggage that goes in the cargo hold?

Right now I am in Canada and there is a knife in my shooting trousers that I brought with me in my main luggage, in fact they only ask if you packed your cases personally and no-one else has tampered with them.

Ern , I hope thats the only weapon your packing in your trooooser's , these Female customs officers will sort you out otherwise :blink: B) not too keen on concealed carry over here

have a good trip Paul :(

Martin

:( Martin I made a bee line for a charming looking female immigration officer this time and she let me straight in. :blink:

I did learn a lesson from last year though and had the name and address of NTTF to show her and didn't just say " I don't know where I am going or his address but he should be waiting for me as I leave the airport."

I was first off the plane last year and last out of the airport. :<

Thanks for all of your replies , I have looked into it more thanks to you guys and have gone to the horses mouth and phoned the US embassy . After talking to the auto machine for a while I was put though to a guy who said there is a different webb site for things allowed on the plane , you will be surprised what you can still take on . I cant find the link but I got a file from The transportation security administration " stun guns , throwing stars nunchakus , night sticks brass knuckles , etc, why would you want brass knuckles on a trip aboard !!!!!!!

once again thanks for your help

I'll have some brass balls for my monkey, it gets a bit cold here!

I brought a Swiss Army knife back from Athens once. The "roving security" guard asked me if I had anything that could be used as an offensive weapon. I explained that the knife was wrapped in clothes and was in my bag that was going in the hold. No problems at all. If you are honest then they are going to be cool. If you lie then get found out then it is rubber gloves time in a secluded area.

Enjoy your holiday.

Oh and do you make knives all the time or was this a one off?

• 3 weeks later...

Snake bite . I have just started making knives . I by the blades from the net , I can get you the link if you like . You start with the blade all made , get some brass from I door handle or something. solder the brass on and then find a good bit of wood , I still have to refine the art of making the sheath , still got to finf the right type of leather yet . Blaster