1st Jay

GREENGRASS

:good:

1st Jay at a little feeding station local to me. Also few other birds.

Taken this morning and it was bloody freezing in that wind I can confirm that for sure.

Camera shake is me shivering so the bird’s eye is slightly blurred. ( Apologies )

Regards

GG.

Edited by GREENGRASS

:good:

There were quite a few birds about however they soon dispersed when this chap came flying through on the tail of a female Black Bird. The manoeuvrability of this bird at speed was something you had to see to appreciate. It came from the blind side to my left I heard the other birds going wild. The next thing the hawk was away.

Regards

GG.

Superb photography GG. I do believe your pictures are getting even better :good:

Neither of those are easy species to photograph. Well done and thanks for posting.

I was driving home the other day through a residential road in Sale and I just looked up at two blackbirds in a roadside tree. Then a Sparrowhawk flew across the road in front of my car and snatched one of them off the branch and flew off with it. Stunning stuff, and as you say, they've got the moves :good: