How do police

goldypurple

Something i was thinking about. not that i would do it

How do the police monitor the ammo on a fac.

i know they limit you to what you can hold of what calibre etc

And a shop will write on your fac when youve bought it etc.

but really what is stopping you digging a hole and putting it in, to get rid of it and uping your allowance because it too low etc.

also the same dig a hole to put some in, to show that youve used your rifle within the 5 yrs etc

Edited by goldypurple

Something i was thinking about. not that i would do it

How do the police monitor the ammo on a fac.

i know they limit you to what you can hold of what calibre etc

And a shop will write on your fac when youve bought it etc.

but really what is stopping you digging a hole and putting it in, to get rid of it and uping your allowance because it too low etc.

also the same dig a hole to put some in, to show that youve used your rifle within the 5 yrs etc

i think it is more of a trust thing.

al

Edited by albob

so YOU'RE the real IRA!? :hmm:

As Al4x said, how could you possibly prove how many rounds you'd fired? It's fairly common to take a rifle you don't use much to the range and hammer off 50 rounds. I do it just because if I haven't shot a gun for a while I get twitchy and want to play with it!

Getting on to that subject, how many rounds are considered to be the minimum use? Ten rounds per year in a deer rifle for a pay per play stalker would be more than enough, but then with my little calibres I probably send off a thousand or more? Plus I home load and not all dealers record the sale of bullets. I've probably bought 40 rounds for my 6.5 since I got it two years ago, the rest have been home loaded and aren't entered!

I got told at my last variation to use more HMR as I'd only used 250 in a year, whether thats just to maintain my hold amount I'm not sure but we're lacking rabbits recently so its not seen that much action.

centrefire I'd imagine you could be using tiny amounts on a deer rifle but no idea when they say you aren't using it enough

Seems to be one those odd FEO things Alex, the first thing mine asked at renewal time was 'have you used all your guns in the last year?'

He ten commented on the lack of ammo on my certificate, I pointed out it had just come back after a variation, and showed him a scan of the ammo section from before it went back.

Someone I know had a father in law, an old farmer, who rarely used his .22 rf but often bought a box or two of ammo to maintain his status as an 'active' shooter for the FEO. After his death they found over 18000 rounds locked up in various safes and cupboards around the place. Wouldn't surprise me if there are still some to be found. Seems to me that the law created rather than discouraged this situation?

Someone I know had a father in law, an old farmer, who rarely used his .22 rf but often bought a box or two of ammo to maintain his status as an 'active' shooter for the FEO. After his death they found over 18000 rounds locked up in various safes and cupboards around the place. Wouldn't surprise me if there are still some to be found. Seems to me that the law created rather than discouraged this situation?

18000 wow, I bet that shocked the local firearms department?

Phil

Seems to be one those odd FEO things Alex, the first thing mine asked at renewal time was 'have you used all your guns in the last year?'

He ten commented on the lack of ammo on my certificate, I pointed out it had just come back after a variation, and showed him a scan of the ammo section from before it went back.

This is an interesting point. If you have had your FAC changed (i.e For a variation) when you get the certificate back there is a new sheet for the purchase of ammunition, so how do they know how many rounds you have purchased/used for whatever calibers you have? I have a habit of buying ammunition without asking for a receipt from various dealers according to what price they have it at, so I have no idea of exactly how many rounds I have purchased/used, I could only estimate the amount.

It sounds like the FEO could revoke your licence, should he think your usage does not warrant ownership. :good:

I have not used my van for six weeks, does this mean the DVLA will come round and take my licence off me :yes:

Frustrated is not the word. This must not be the same for the SGC as I don't think a record is kept.

Phil