I give up

ollie

It's not just south armagh heating up at the moment, there's been 3 bomb scares in the last few days in Lurgan

All of them around the train station area (Lough road and North street, for those that know lurgan)

least they were only hoaxes :wacko:

let us know how you get on ollie, good luck getting sorted :angry:

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

least they were only hoaxes :lol:

let us know how you get on ollie, good luck getting sorted :angry:

Do you not mean Glensman? ??? Good luck Glensman, I got the cabinet tonight so the FEO is coming on Sat to check it out. How long do you reckon it should take after she has checked this?

Do you not mean Glensman? :good: Good luck Glensman, I got the cabinet tonight so the FEO is coming on Sat to check it out. How long do you reckon it should take after she has checked this?

Well for mine, maybe mine is special... The firearms officer came out and told my Dad it was the best one on the market and I was obviously taking things seriously. Then a month later the new civil dis-service FEO arrived and inspected it again! After that it was about another month...

Well for mine, maybe mine is special... The firearms officer came out and told my Dad it was the best one on the market and I was obviously taking things seriously. Then a month later the new civil dis-service FEO arrived and inspected it again! After that it was about another month...

Well I would certainly hope it would only require one visit. You still in the south mate? Need to get out lamping this week, I had a farmer at me the other day to get round before the lambing starts.

I applied for first sgc at the end of November, had first letter within a couple of weeks! Received cert yesterday! 3 months wasn't bad but now I wanna buy a gun and dread the thought of going through the same again! <_<

thats some going mine has been in from oct got first letter after two weeks saying being processed. :good:

got a visit four weeks ago and still nothing i,m from co antrim as well :good:

dont think they have the support that they need too ever get really going anywhere

dont need suppoort mate, they just need to hit the wrong place at da wrong time, *** for tat will start <_<

ah well, goin by what ive seen some people are takin a "special" interest in this area , so i aint wearin much camo when i go out da morra :good: :good:

dont need suppoort mate, they just need to hit the wrong place at da wrong time, *** for tat will start <_<

ah well, goin by what ive seen some people are takin a "special" interest in this area , so i aint wearin much camo when i go out da morra :good: :good:

smart move on ur part m8 see what you mean

dont think they have the support that they need too ever get really going anywhere

I have to agree with Gunsure, they will never have the support of the community like times gone by. They may have a few experienced skillful operators still in their ranks but it'll soon get weeded out.

I have to agree with Gunsure, they will never have the support of the community like times gone by. They may have a few experienced skillful operators still in their ranks but it'll soon get weeded out.

if things are too work out the way that 99.9 per cent of all the people in this wee land wants

then it has too be as you say. either that or they wind there necks in and give us all a chance for everyone

too sort things among ourselves.its in front of our eyes we just have to grab it <_<:good:

Makes me feel lucky i put in for a one for one hand delivered on a monday lunch time got a call the next day about half ten saying thats it ready and we will pop it in the post tonight :yes::good: Good effort grampian police i say. Its as if they are making it hard for you guys to renew your ticket :good:

Ditto.

How's it going Guss?

Well now for an update on getting my permit found/sorted.

Called FEO this mornin, left message on her voicemail with house and Mob number... She never returned my call.

Being annoyed and a member, I called BASC- never answered the phone.

So I'm no further forward. Spoke to a guy in Royal Mail, he said even if they hada lost it they woulda found it 5 times by now and if they sent it to Timbuktu it would've been back by now!

Well now for an update on getting my permit found/sorted.

Called FEO this mornin, left message on her voicemail with house and Mob number... She never returned my call.

Being annoyed and a member, I called BASC- never answered the phone.

So I'm no further forward. Spoke to a guy in Royal Mail, he said even if they hada lost it they woulda found it 5 times by now and if they sent it to Timbuktu it would've been back by now!

Looks like your gonna have to apply all over again. Do you think this is maybe their round about way of telling you that your not getting your .270? :good:

Phone BASC HQ in England and make a complaint that you can't through to BASC NI. I guarantee Roger Pollen won't be long ringing you back.

Well it's not the first time, gonna ring the FEO again first thing, give her 'til round 1 to call me back. Then start ringing BASC again! Really dont wanna rock the boat TOO much cos they have all the power, im just and ordinary Joe.

UPDATE: Well the fiasco surrounding my licence is starting to clear up. Lisnasharragh are rufusin to admit that they lost it, so are the post office.

Anyway the FEO was very helpful on the phone today, basically we agreed there was no point huffin and puffin- I just needed to do a new application (I'm gonna insist they rush it thru).

So anyway, my dealer's gonna fax my bill of sale to the FEO, I've to go see one of my 3 farmers tonight (she said 1 would do) and I'm going over to see the FEO at 12 tomorrow and we're gonna fill out my application together.

Interestingly she told me that all I need is one farmer to get permission to hold the rifle, once I have my rifle it's at my descretion where I use it as long as it's for the purpose it was granted and I have permission. So there's no need to have multiple farmers on my cert.

UPDATE: Well the fiasco surrounding my licence is starting to clear up. Lisnasharragh are rufusin to admit that they lost it, so are the post office.

Anyway the FEO was very helpful on the phone today, basically we agreed there was no point huffin and puffin- I just needed to do a new application (I'm gonna insist they rush it thru).

So anyway, my dealer's gonna fax my bill of sale to the FEO, I've to go see one of my 3 farmers tonight (she said 1 would do) and I'm going over to see the FEO at 12 tomorrow and we're gonna fill out my application together.

Interestingly she told me that all I need is one farmer to get permission to hold the rifle, once I have my rifle it's at my descretion where I use it as long as it's for the purpose it was granted and I have permission. So there's no need to have multiple farmers on my cert.

Thats good news mate. Tell her when your there to get a move on with mine :good:

I'm about to send in my renewal. On the permission slip it says I need to fill in one signed permission slip for each piece of land i want to shoot the rifle on? Is that right? I've been told tonight a boy up the road has just lost his guns. Police checked on him out zeroing his new .223 this afternoon. He had a condition on his FAC he had to be accompanied for six months by an FAC holder that holds the same calibre.