I give up

ollie

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got a .303 rifle added to my FAC and it only took 4 weeks to get it back approved, but I think I'm one of the few

would you be a mamber of a gun club mate? with a 303 i think you would have to be. if so the land does n`t have to be checked as a letter from a club official would suffice. probably cut a lot of time and checks out of the loop.

it,s about twenty years ago that this occured,i got my reminder to renew my sgc,took it to the local office,a main police station at the time and paid by cheque,got a receipt.my ticket still had about 8wks to run .with a couple of weeks to go before it expired i still had not got it back,phoned them and was told no worries i would get in a few days.any way i did,nt and it expired.a couple of days later a police officer arrived at my door and informs me i am braking the law as i have a firearm in my posession without a licence,shown him my receipt with the desk sarges signiture and date on it.but to no avail.he read me my rights and confiscated my gun and ammo.i had to insist for a receipt for them he did,nt want to give it to me.he says he will do me a favour and not take me in.that afternoon he,s back with my gun and ammo and says the chief inspector says i,m ok i,ve paid my licence and have a receipt so i,m covered.i,ve still got the police tags that were attached to my kit some were.

it,s about twenty years ago that this occured,i got my reminder to renew my sgc,took it to the local office,a main police station at the time and paid by cheque,got a receipt.my ticket still had about 8wks to run .with a couple of weeks to go before it expired i still had not got it back,phoned them and was told no worries i would get in a few days.any way i did,nt and it expired.a couple of days later a police officer arrived at my door and informs me i am braking the law as i have a firearm in my posession without a licence,shown him my receipt with the desk sarges signiture and date on it.but to no avail.he read me my rights and confiscated my gun and ammo.i had to insist for a receipt for them he did,nt want to give it to me.he says he will do me a favour and not take me in.that afternoon he,s back with my gun and ammo and says the chief inspector says i,m ok i,ve paid my licence and have a receipt so i,m covered.i,ve still got the police tags that were attached to my kit some were.

Well my FAC expires on 17th March and if it has not arrived by then I will not be a happy boy. I wouldn't have given the ba5tards the guns, I would have made them take me in first. I sincerely hope you received an apology.

Well my FAC expires on 17th March and if it has not arrived by then I will not be a happy boy. I wouldn't have given the ba5tards the guns, I would have made them take me in first. I sincerely hope you received an apology.

my fac had expired while i was waiting for a gun to be added at the same time as my renewal.i rang about it and told me it was ok.ollie getting frustrated does n`t do you any good. just let it take it`s time

I just got a .303 rifle added to my FAC and it only took 4 weeks to get it back approved, but I think I'm one of the few

One of a few,you must be one of them. <_< .Joking aside,fair play to you, that must be a record..Tweedledee is rite though,there's no point loosing patience and giving out down the phone,I waited 10 days just recently there for my letter to buy more ammo,maybe I'm one of them too. :yes:

• 2 weeks later...
I know what you mean ollie, my licence has been away about 6 or 7 weeks now,and no cover letter has been sent out yet.

Have you received your cover letter yet mate? I still haven't got my cover letter and it'll be 4 weeks on Thursday. :drinks:

basc is chewing their behinds about it as well at the minute

(copied from an email)

BASC meets head of FEB

BASC’s Roger Pollen and Tommy Mayne met recently with John Rafferty, the new Head of PSNI Firearms and Explosives Branch. Mr Rafferty visited the BASC NI offices in Lisburn for lengthy discussions on a range of firearms licensing issues.

Top of the agenda was the timescale for processing of applications for grant and variation. Mr Rafferty stated that the actual processing time is around four to six weeks, but that there is a delay of up to 12 weeks before the processing begins. This is completely unacceptable, but it will only be resolved if the Branch gets more resources.

BASC’s Chairman, Robert Irvine, met recently with the Chief Constable and raised the issue with him. BASC is now seeking a further meeting with the Chief Constable to maintain the pressure to get sufficient resources to Firearms & Explosives Branch to allow them to improve their service.

Other issues discussed included firearms security and consistency of approach to licensing. It was a good meeting with a number of positive outcomes and we hope that Mr Rafferty will be successful in strengthening the Branch’s resources and improving performance.

No ollie, i havent heard a thing of them yet,they are a ******* disgrace.

That is a complete joke. In some counties in England you'll receive it back in 2 weeks and the useless ****s in Northern Ireland can't even send out a cover letter within this time. How long you been waiting now?

That is a complete joke. In some counties in England you'll receive it back in 2 weeks and the useless ****s in Northern Ireland can't even send out a cover letter within this time. How long you been waiting now?

I can hardly remember its been that long,but im sure its a good 9 weeks.

well thats strange, i came home tonight and theres my cover letter lying on the door mat, arrived this morning when i was at work, only took 2 weeks :lol:

oh well mustnt complain, just need the full cert now :lol:

No way. 4 weeks tomorrow my FAC Variation/Renewal will be away. I am going to politely :good: call them tomorrow and ask for my cover letter.

No way. 4 weeks tomorrow my FAC Variation/Renewal will be away. I am going to politely :good: call them tomorrow and ask for my cover letter.

I sent my application in a week before you Ollie and I've had no word back whatsoever. 2 years ago it took about a week to get a cover-letter... :lol:

emphasis on the word "polite" mate :good:

Well I gave them a polite call today and at least the lady I was talking to was more helpful than the ***** I spoke to the last day. She told me that was receipt letter was sent out yesterday. So not bad, 4 weeks to send out the cover letter :hmm: