I give up

ollie

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got my FAC back today with .22hornet added on :yes: it only took 5 days short of 6mths to get it :good::oops:

Good job mate, still why should it take 6 months? I must admit i got a variation last year from a .22lr to WMR in about 3 months, why does it seems to be so ramdon and slow?

Good job mate, still why should it take 6 months? I must admit i got a variation last year from a .22lr to WMR in about 3 months, why does it seems to be so ramdon and slow?

I would be delighted with 3 months, mine has been away about a month so far. Should never take 6 months, but can do nothing about it.

The situation over here is ridiculious, with all the technologiy available now, there is no excuse that permitts should'nt be issued within a week if it's a renewal, i'm sure they have a computer that will tell them if you've been speeding within the last week, so why does it take so long to check anyone especially when they are already holding an FAC!!

The situation over here is ridiculious, with all the technologiy available now, there is no excuse that permitts should'nt be issued within a week if it's a renewal, i'm sure they have a computer that will tell them if you've been speeding within the last week, so why does it take so long to check anyone especially when they are already holding an FAC!!

My Father's renewal has been away since October and he still doesn't have it back. :good:

Totally right mate, I have just put I for a variation to add a 17hmr, have asked my local mla if he would like to take it as a test case re time.

would the feo even need to check my cabinet? he checked it 3 years ago when i moved in here, and im only adding a 17hmr, already got a 22lr :good:

No they won't Babby. The reason she is checking mine is that I previously shared a cabinet with my father so I have to get my own cabinet now. Hopefully it doesn't take too much longer after she has checked that.

ollie who is it you talk to re all this fiasco, mine away 3 months now so im gonna ring when i get a NUMBER.

I have rang Lisnasharagh twice, but they are only coming out to check the cabinet, god knows how long it'll take to actually issue me with the FAC. I also sent a letter to my MLA's and got good replies from DUP and SDLP.

No they won't Babby. The reason she is checking mine is that I previously shared a cabinet with my father so I have to get my own cabinet now. Hopefully it doesn't take too much longer after she has checked that.

thank **** for that

tony the non emergency number is 0845 600 8000, ask for the firarms and explosive branch at lisnasharragh, thats what i did. if i cud b arsd getting out my receipt letter id see if thers a direct num for them but its the whole way upstairs where ders no vodka :good:

thank **** for that

tony the non emergency number is 0845 600 8000, ask for the firarms and explosive branch at lisnasharragh, thats what i did. if i cud b arsd getting out my receipt letter id see if thers a direct num for them but its the whole way upstairs where ders no vodka :good:

No there's no direct number because on the cover letter it tells you not to contact them unless its urgent. Ask for the firearms branch and if the useless ***** answer the phone at least you will get a laugh at their reply.

i had a direct number for xxxx she either is or was the main person to talk to, ian clarke from sacs got me the number used to have it but have lost it now, was talking to a man last nite in young guns when i was up picking the hornet up and he said his rifle took only 2mths to come threw as he had the direct number and he pestered them every week saying that he was being pestered by farmers that they where getting lambs killed by foxes and as he was the only man who shot the land he needed the rifle ASAP plus he also got his mla to tell them the same

Edited by monkeyboots

Phoned this morning, spoke to a very polite and helpful lady, she couldnt believe my dad had his visit already as she only send the visit form to the feo 2 weeks ago?:good:?;)???, but she was very helpful. She even gave me the ext number to speak to the chap "tim"who will be coming out, thats all that she is waiting on regards issuing the cert. OFF COURSE IWAS KISSING SOME BACKSIDE WHILE TALKING TO HER TELLING HER SHE HAD A SEXY VOICE. lol

Edited by mayfly36

I wonder has our letters to the MLAs made the difference? However, there are still bad examples.... My fathers renewal hasn't came back from October, Davie Mac still hasn't received his cover letter in god knows how long. Why are things so inconsistent?

I applied for first sgc at the end of November, had first letter within a couple of weeks! Received cert yesterday! 3 months wasn't bad but now I wanna buy a gun and dread the thought of going through the same again! :good:

SGC in Northern Ireland? If your from Northern Ireland and you only got your cert yesterday what did you shoot the squirrels with a few weeks ago? Maybe I'm missing something?

I applied for first sgc at the end of November, had first letter within a couple of weeks! Received cert yesterday! 3 months wasn't bad but now I wanna buy a gun and dread the thought of going through the same again! :good:

What do you mean you want to but a gun now. Are you after another gun, same calibre, different calibre?;)?:P?:lol:??