I give up

ollie

I wonder has our letters to the MLAs made the difference? However, there are still bad examples.... My fathers renewal hasn't came back from October, Davie Mac still hasn't received his cover letter in god knows how long. Why are things so inconsistent?

Just phoned them this morning, they sayed they will send out the cover letter today,but i wouldn't hold my breath waiting on it.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I'm in N.Ireland! Been shooting all season with my da in law using one of his guns! I applied with one of his o/u 12g on loan! Just for handiness! But now it's through I wanna buy a semi and then go for fac!

If you got a license back from Lisnasharragh then it is a FAC. The only thing issued over here is a Firearms Certificate.

Just phoned them this morning, they sayed they will send out the cover letter today,but i wouldn't hold my breath waiting on it.

Its an absolute disgrace it took that long to receive your cover letter. What was that 10 weeks or something?

Update, i spoke to my FEO who all being well will be out to see me hopefully thursday, apparently he has been waiting on some local reports on me, i take it this is to see if ive got in to any bother locally recently. But this will be another milestone crossed off the list as far as progress ics concerned, once again, a good conversation had with this person.

It's lookin like Lisnasharragh have completely lost my licence. They say they posted it back to me because there was an error in my application. It Never arrived. I'm absolutely ragin. It had my licence, my european pass, 3 land forms and a letter from a farmer as well as a bill of sale and all forms filled out.

I really dont wanna have to spend the guts of 3 days doin it all again just to go back to the bottom of the pile.

Not a happy bunny.

I am, and that's what I was thinkin of doin. Gonna go at it on monday. Start with the FEO and get her to ring Lisnasharragh to look for it. Then I'll be on to BASC, but bein honest the last few times I've rang BASC they say I need to talk to Roger Pollen- but he's never there!..

Maybe I've just been unlucky when I've called...

If you don't have any joy with Roger Pollen give this guy a ring. He helped me sort out my rifle even though I wasn't a member (Im a member now). He seems to have 'friends' in Lisnasharragh. Very helpful and nice to talk to.

Lyall Plant

Chief Executive

Countryside Alliance Ireland

The Courtyard

Larchfield Estate

Bailliesmills Road

Lisburn

BT27 6XJ

t: NI 028 9263 9911

t: RoI 01 6903610

m: (0044) 7766777142

e: lyall@caireland.org

w: www.caireland.org

Cheers for that Dazza. As I say I'm caught up with other things at the minute, but I'm gonna start on monday! As things sit I've no licence or cover letter, not exactly a nice situation to be in! :good:

Dan they are a pack of useless *****. I have the FEO's contact number now if you need to give her a call. Good luck.

I have her number mate- that's who told me they posted it back to me!

I know it didnt come through the door but I looked and looked then looked some more and got my mum to look- it aint there. All the post goes in the one place so there's no way I could have lost it- plus we were lookin out for my cover-letter so the whole bloody licence comin back would have been noticed!!!

thats a bit of a sickner :good: its bad enough waiting 6mths to add a gun on but getting it lost is a joke , was up at mcullough guns tonite and liam was saying that he has a boy who is now going into 13mths waiting to get a rifle added on :yes: and another boy the peelers have lost his bill of sale note for the gun even though it was sent off with his application they returned his application after having it 4mths cos of this even though it was their mistake,they are a joke

thats a bit of a sickner :yes: its bad enough waiting 6mths to add a gun on but getting it lost is a joke , was up at mcullough guns tonite and liam was saying that he has a boy who is now going into 13mths waiting to get a rifle added on :oops: and another boy the peelers have lost his bill of sale note for the gun even though it was sent off with his application they returned his application after having it 4mths cos of this even though it was their mistake,they are a joke

Problem is that the joke is on me at the minute! :lol:

So I sent away my renewal/application to Lisnasharragh about 2 weeks ago and never received any confirmation, hence I don't have the form to put on any ammunition I purchase. So called the Firearms branch today who started waffling about how they have about 1000 applications to put through the system and that they are back logged.

So after speaking to 4 different people :rolleyes: I was told that they are short staffed and hopefully they will be sending me out a confirmation letter in the next few days; so I ask the gentleman, what am I supposed to do when I want to buy ammunition today? :good: "eh, I'm not sure let me just put you on hold :P ". Comes back on and tells me that I'm just gonna have to be patient and that nothing can be done in the meantime. This made me very angry and I started off on a rant, along the lines off; this is a disgrace, I am a FAC holder and I can't even buy ammunition for my guns because you's are so incompetent, I would understand if I only sent it away a few days ago but I sent it 2 weeks ago. Urghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :good::lol: , anyway rant over now :P

I would be careful about rants as harrassment of firearms branch staff can be used as an excuse to a refuse to renew or grant a firearms certificate. It is much better if the shooting organisations ,M.Ps etc act on your behalf. Lisnasharragh often did not issue reciept letter for 3 weeks some years ago so it is unlikely the situation has changed now.I used to think it was to see if your check was going to bounce.

Problem is that the joke is on me at the minute! :good:

Any update?

I was wondering if it will become more difficult again to get firearms now that the troubles seem to be creeping back. They seemed to relax the restrictions over the past few years regarding applications for rifles.

Got my cover letter this morning at long last,but it didn't say any thing on the letter about my air gun, it just give the details of my shotgun,so i give them a ring to see if that was okay,well after a few questions she said i cant seem to find your license il call you back later today or tomorrow and i slill dont know about the air rifle,think me and Glensman might be in the same boat.

Any update?

I was wondering if it will become more difficult again to get firearms now that the troubles seem to be creeping back. They seemed to relax the restrictions over the past few years regarding applications for rifles.

probably will, its starting to get a bit, eh, "interesting" down my neck of the woods at the mo :angry:

Any update?

I'll let you all know how I get on on Monday, as I say I'm busy with other things this week. Come monday I'll have the phone to my ear early and often! :angry:

probably will, its starting to get a bit, eh, "interesting" down my neck of the woods at the mo :angry:

It's not just south armagh heating up at the moment, there's been 3 bomb scares in the last few days in Lurgan

All of them around the train station area (Lough road and North street, for those that know lurgan)