I give up

ollie

So I sent away my renewal/application to Lisnasharragh about 2 weeks ago and never received any confirmation, hence I don't have the form to put on any ammunition I purchase. So called the Firearms branch today who started waffling about how they have about 1000 applications to put through the system and that they are back logged.

So after speaking to 4 different people :unsure: I was told that they are short staffed and hopefully they will be sending me out a confirmation letter in the next few days; so I ask the gentleman, what am I supposed to do when I want to buy ammunition today? :lol: "eh, I'm not sure let me just put you on hold :hmm: ". Comes back on and tells me that I'm just gonna have to be patient and that nothing can be done in the meantime. This made me very angry and I started off on a rant, along the lines off; this is a disgrace, I am a FAC holder and I can't even buy ammunition for my guns because you's are so incompetent, I would understand if I only sent it away a few days ago but I sent it 2 weeks ago. Urghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :unsure: :blink: , anyway rant over now :hmm:

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hopefully that didn't encourage him to put your application at the bottom of the pile, Its a lesson for next time to stock up on ammo, but in the meantime I know its naughty but have you any mates who have the same caliber and know you're an FAC holder who could lend / give you some.

I think they may of just placed you at the bottom of the pile :unsure:

Think I waited about 3 weeks for my SGC renewal and i even hand delivered it etc....not alot you can do about it to be honest but sit and wait for it to come through the letter box.

I'm not waiting for the FAC to pop through the letter box (that will take about 6 months :unsure: ), all I wanted was the receipt letter and the temporary form they send you out to buy ammo. I have ammo, but I have a lot of crows visiting a potato field that I wasn't expecting so I think after tomorrow I will have a lot less ammo :blink:

Makes me feel lucky i put in for a one for one hand delivered on a monday lunch time got a call the next day about half ten saying thats it ready and we will pop it in the post tonight :unsure: :blink: Good effort grampian police i say. Its as if they are making it hard for you guys to renew your ticket :unsure:

hopefully that didn't encourage him to put your application at the bottom of the pile, Its a lesson for next time to stock up on ammo, but in the meantime I know its naughty but have you any mates who have the same caliber and know you're an FAC holder who could lend / give you some.

That's what I would do I think. Surely there's someone you know who shoots the same calibre?

was in a newry shop this morning. One chap got his CeRt through in 6 weeks. and that was 2 weeks ago for a .22. HOW LUCKY WAS HE.

Can't believe that, he is a lucky fella. If mine isn't through by the renewal date (17th March) I will be ringing the FLO and giving off.

I was forewarned that this year is some anniversary of when tickets were changed from three to five year renewal periods.

It seems there has at some time been two consequtive years where a third more renewals got issued on catch-up, following two quiet years where three year tickets got extended to five years. If I understand it correctly this occurs, or will occur every fifth year for two years.

I'm slightly dyslexic but I think I said that right - sort of. :good: