fac air rifle

bern52

hi all, i'am looking in to buying a fac rated air rifle for rabbit shootng,can anybody recomend a good mid range 30ft lbs work horse.

<_<

I think at those levels you need to be looking at one with a buddy bottle, otherwise your shot count might suffer. Saying that though I've heard good things about the AA extra.

you dont mention how much you have to spend but if you are after a mid range rifle I would agree with some others that you cant go past the .22 Air Arms A410 Extra FAC SL

I own this gun and it cost me £565 one year ago (standard beech stock)

It is highly accurate using Bisley Mags and is a nicely weighted well balanced rifle getting about 30ft/lbs on full power achieving roughly 40 shots before it needs recharging. (I use a divers bottle for charging-dont bother with stirrup pump)

Its optimum range is 50/60 metres but I have taken rabbits out at about 90 metres.

It has the S510 shrouded barrel and the sidelever action which is a joy to use and also fully adjustable power (should you need it)

Go to your local Gun dealer and ask for a look at one and see for yourself. I would honestly recommend it to anyone but I would say that despite the shrouded barrel it gives off quite a 'crack' when fired so invest in a decent moderator. I have found the weihrauch moderator to be very good with it. If buying a scope make sure you get one with Mildots as this is handy when getting used to the holdover/under and various distances.

Dont forget to add moderators to your FAC application when you do it, otherwise it will cost you a variance fee later on

(I learned that the hard way)

cheers and happy shopping ( errr shooting )

• 2 weeks later...

This is an eye opener for me , as i too am looking at a fac rated "pop" gun :yes:

I own a air wolf in .177

The reasons for buying airwolf were three fold , one the gun is whisper quiet , very accurate , and it came with an ambi stock as i have to shoot cak handed due to eye domanance (spl)

So now i am looking at upgrading to air fac . Unfortunately .177 ammo does not weigh enough to keep it stable in fac form .

How many people who have said either daystate or theoban , have a fac rated air rifle by either air weapons maker ?

all the best yis yp :rolleyes:

This is an eye opener for me , as i too am looking at a fac rated "pop" gun :yes:

I own a air wolf in .177

The reasons for buying airwolf were three fold , one the gun is whisper quiet , very accurate , and it came with an ambi stock as i have to shoot cak handed due to eye domanance (spl)

So now i am looking at upgrading to air fac . Unfortunately .177 ammo does not weigh enough to keep it stable in fac form .

How many people who have said either daystate or theoban , have a fac rated air rifle by either air weapons maker ?

all the best yis yp :rolleyes:

think i own a fac rapid and speak with good experience regarding the daystate, hw and air arms fac rated rifles too. sadly air arms did n`t do enough to bring their guns to the standards of the others. accurate ? yes of course but they are too hard to silence not regulated to give more shots as some of the others are.

I have had both running simultaneously. I had a daystate x2 at 30ft lb and a theoben at 20ftlb.

Both are superbly accurate, both have thier advantages and disadvantages:

the daystate was a synthetic and lighter, but you only got 30 full power shots per charge....one of my permissions that wasnt enough!!! Much queiter than the theoben. Very very accurate

the theoben was heavier but that wasnt really an issue, however it was way ahead of the daystate in shot counts, on a big buddy bottle you got 100+ full power shots, and I had a second bottle to carry...slightly noisier in fac.Very very accurate

Both superb guns and id have trouble choosing which one to have if i were to buy them again. You can get theobens at 30 and 40ftlbs but i found at 20 it was good for bunnies out to 60 yards and took down many hares too. :rolleyes: