What is your favourite hide.

One shot wonder

:) Can,t really vote on that one mate as each type of hide has it,s own time and place.

Normally use a net hide in front of a hedgerow but if there is enough natural stuff about it is always good to use this even though a net is usually added as well.

As far as bale hides,they are great when available on the stubble and enable you to set up in the middle of the field but even then I use a desert net to link them up and complete the hide. :)

My net hide is made from 5 poles (a la John Batley - with a forward vee) and uses a green/brown forest pattern made of the military style camo netting but without the background netting (if you see what I mean  :) ). This makes it less robust but a good deal lighter than the true military stuff.

Up til this year I have only ever used natural hides - including hiding in a ditch covered with straw :)  :)

I have brought two 'nets' that aren't nets.  They are a synthetic fabric with holes in - very light and very effective.

I'll use them for a few weeks to see how they perform.  One is in 'woodland' and the other is 'stubble'.   :P  :)

• 3 weeks later...

Adding to Cranfield,s reply , which he well knows I agree with.get your mate to sit behind your net and step out amongst your deacs. and look at your hide.

Unless he is wearing full cammo gear and you have a near perfect backdrop you will see him quite clearly. :sick:  8-)