Outstanding Customer Service

wymberley

OK, Chaps, I'm just hoping that knives are deemed equipment.

Just had a phone call and I'm absolutely gobsmacked; still having trouble believing it.

In 1975 I bought a Puma knife, a 405 Duke, which served me well until a while ago when because over the years it had been used and sharpened so often the point started to sometimes catch when the knife was closed. I'd tried without success to find if owt could be done so gave up and knife now left in drawer.

Then, recently, I tripped over Whitby & Co of Kendal on the internet. Had a chat, they e-mailed Puma in Germany and rang back to say that Puma can replace the blade for £35 (which is exactly what the knife cost in 1975) all in. Knife dispatched to Whitby post haste. One happy bunny!

Then, this morning a message on the answer phone; oh, no, doom and gloom! Rang back, yep, you've guessed, it can't be done after all. "CONSEQUENTLY, WE ARE AUTHORISED BY PUMA TO REPLACE IT AND WE HAVE ONE IN STOCK, FREE OF CHARGE".

Wymberley well and truly floored!

All I can say is that there's a couple of names in the above that are, perhaps, well worth remembering.

Cheers

Hi,

Silly thing is that I'd never heard of Whitby before. Then just before Christmas I was shopping for a present for our farmer on behalf of myself and my shooting oppo and I'd settled on a knife. Finally saw a nice looking one right at the back of the shop display. Got my hands on it, very nice, well made and a blade like a razor. I'd already made my mind up to buy it when I looked at the makers name. Yep, started with W. Really pleased to buy their product and return the favour: Now I'd have bought everybody one!

Cheers

Hi, Guys, update.

Replacement knife arrived today. A beaut! Knees went kind of wobbly at the thought of having to pay for it when I saw the current RRP, but as al4x said, you get what you pay for. The reason why I hadn't lost the original in 35 years is probably because it was on a lanyard which I'd made and which took me forever to do. Really, I'd written that off but did ask if it could be returned (left on knife because it was originally going for a replacement blade) and lo and behold, it was in the box.

Now, one really, really happy bunny.

Cheers.