22lr ammo

gottsy boy

hi all

i've had my cz silhouette 452 for about six moths or so, i've been using winchester super x ammo whitch i've found consistant and hard hitting, the price of which is ever increasing at the local gun smiths, so i changed to remington subs whch i've had a few probs with i cant seem to get real consistant results with them..like the winchester

has anyone else had this prob or can you recomend a diif round for my rifle i have never tried cci's as i was told they are not so good in the cz's..??

I have always used Winnies, but last time bought a box of Remmington, find them to be a bit inconsistent, not as bad a CCI's but certainly not up to the same standard as Winchester, will be swapping back when finished this last 100 or so. Was thinking of trying Eley's next, but haven't asked of they are any cheaper yet.

...So, are you selling some .22 ammo then?

In regards to what ammo you should use, if winnie super x are right, use those. I can't really imagine they've gone up that much to put you off buying them. There are plenty of other shops who you can buy the ammo from, which might be cheaper. However for £3-4 a box, I wouldn't be fussed.

You'd have kittens if you had a .17HMR. (I'm assuming you've not, seeing as you're complaining about the cost of .22LR ammo)

...So, are you selling some .22 ammo then?

In regards to what ammo you should use, if winnie super x are right, use those. I can't really imagine they've gone up that much to put you off buying them. There are plenty of other shops who you can buy the ammo from, which might be cheaper. However for £3-4 a box, I wouldn't be fussed.

You'd have kittens if you had a .17HMR. (I'm assuming you've not, seeing as you're complaining about the cost of .22LR ammo)

the winnies are about £8 per 100 and the rems are a £5

my mate has a 22 wmr my god them boys are not cheap//..

In my CZ I use Winchesters too and they are very good. If its not broken dont try and fix it, thats what i would say. As for Rems and CCIs stay away from them, i have tried them al and Winchesters are the best but I must say Eleys are just as good in mine. Good luck M8 and to hell with the cost as it will cost you more in the long run if your missing your pray. :)

In my CZ I use Winchesters too and they are very good. If its not broken dont try and fix it, thats what i would say. As for Rems and CCIs stay away from them, i have tried them al and Winchesters are the best but I must say Eleys are just as good in mine. Good luck M8 and to hell with the cost as it will cost you more in the long run if your missing your pray. :)

ye i didn't think of it that way lol,

do you ever use super sonics?

i think i'll stick to the wnchesters or maybe i'll try the ely's

i use to use eley subs which was fantastic but i can't get them locally now and have to use winchester super x and i don't find them as good the groups arent as tight, i use a cd to draw out my targets and colour the hole in the middle in about 1/2" and use to be able to punch the middle out a 50m i zero'd with winchesters at 30m and couldn't get much better than 3/4-1" groups so i'm not overly impressed with winchesters and i had to take a load back as there was a molding issue most of the box, there was about 4-6 in each box that had a proper hollow the rest varied from not having any and virtually been solid to having 1mm-2mm hollows. so me and my varmint aren't big fans of winnies, i've used cci which accuracy wise it liked got the odd flyer not many and i had loading problems, also used remmington hv's which was sub 1" at 50m but well too loud for what i wanted ao in the end settled with eley and never had any issues with them i think there great appart from the fact i cant get them!

Started off using Winnies then my usual gunsmith (Philip Webster - for the fellow Norfolk boise), got cleared out of Winnies, tried some Remington and found they actually grouped better than the Winnies, there wasn't much in it but I still had some Winnies left so did some side by side groups and the remington's were noticeably closer at 65yards. They also look a little cleaner than the Winnies

This group was shot at 45 yards with no holdunder just after cleaning the barrel (hence the 2 wide shots)

post-17403-1265630735.jpg

Edited by Colster