Post your 'stuck' pictures

soreshoulder

Arhhh this one you mean.......

It was on a 30 dergee side slope with the rear opposite wheel in the air!!! :yes:

Also managed to split my fuel tank too. :good:

next time youve got a wheel in the air lock your diffs up then apply your brakes progressively when in drive this will feed more power to your other wheels ...tried and tested it myself and it does work :blush:

Landy never been stuck :good:

No cause not,thats why yeh see so many with warn winch on the front,any way its not really the going forward thats the problem,its the up and down on the ramp in the garage if you own a landy.

Frontera never been stuck,close but no cigar and no winch :yes:

landy"s not invincible just better off road than anything else yes they get stuck now and again but most people seem to want to drive outside there trucks limits never had my 90 stuck but then im bright enough to know its capabilities

we were driving along a hedge line close to a deep ditch , i knew there was a crossing place some where

in the long grass , oops , just missed it,

my wife had to come down the farm in the freelander to pull me out. :good:

every body was fine , no damage was done.

cheers.

post-3194-1266953660.jpg

we were driving along a hedge line close to a deep ditch , i knew there was a crossing place some where

in the long grass , oops , just missed it,

my wife had to come down the farm in the freelander to pull me out. :yes:

every body was fine , no damage was done.

cheers.

post-3194-1266953660.jpg

Proper job! :oops:

there is a trend appearing here, defender owners think they're invincible and won't get stuck so try to cross places where no other self respecting 4x4 owner would even attempt it.

Though the pay for being a mod on here must be good judging by Stuartp's motor :yes:

Do work vehicle count???

This is our moggie U1650L. It isn't actually stuck, we were still going forwards (not very fast. Low ratio first gear) We managed to rip off all the brake pipes and do serious damage to the brake calipurs.

We have only sunk about 8-9 inches into shingle. The machine weights 6 1/2 tons, it is towing 600gallons of diesel and there os 90 gallong on the moggies back, (we just off loaded 400gallons)

Upto this point it took us 2 days to do 5 1/2 miles in shingle...

nmoggie2.jpg

nmoggie14.jpg

nmoggie6.jpg

nmoggie7.jpg

Edited by squirrell

It took us 1/2 a day to get our digger there, then 3/4 of the next day to get it out.

The worse bit was phoning the boss to say " we have just got the new tractor stuck" oooooopps :lol::lol::lol::yay:

Hi Squrrell - I did that once, borrowed a large forklift truck to move a cable drum at the back of a factory but it sank in soft ground. So I went back and asked for an even bigger fork lift truck, the boss asked why? to pull the first one out :rolleyes:

Unfortunately no pictures but the beater truck got stuck once in an open field, the first tractor tryoing to pull it out also sank, the second tractor nearly tipped over but the third tractor did the trick -= what a mess it made of the field.

Last time I tried this "puddle" I went straight through it. This time there was a little more clay on the bottom than the gravel there had been before so had to be winched.

Still, the engine didn't mind an a quick power hosing brought the alternator back to life :lol:

post-21796-1268229243.jpg

post-21796-1268229260.jpg

post-21796-1268229280.jpg

that is water inside the back I take it?

sometimes I really wonder about the interlect of defender owners :lol:

Yeah, but I cleared out the stuff that mattered. Just testing the limits of the vehicle. Apparently it's somewhere between that puddle and an average green lane :lol:

The nice thing with the defender is it's back to it's usual state after 10 minutes with the power hose, no harm done (unless it has a stereo)