Ambassador FITASC Sporting

Catamong

My Mate's phoned me to say he has booked me in for this event, which is being run on 5th - 7th March.

It's a 100 (or 125 :good: ) bird FITASC shoot, I don't think it's Registered, so open to all. :good:

The entry fee is £70, (I think), I'm shooting it on Sunday 7th, it'll be a goodun, with some really tough targets to sort out the men from the boys. :P

FITASC Sporting is great fun, it has to be shot "gun down", which puts a premium on proper gun mounting, and you can't move the gun until the bird is visible.

If anyone's interested PM me and I will get more details.

Cat.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go on then, I'm game. I think PDLM and Bigweed are also.

I have never shot it before, but I am expecting the worst. What are the basic rules - I get the no gun mount thing, but what about movement etc?

Also, how do the stands work and what's the usual range / target - I here much talk of 32g of Number 7's and a minimum of 1/2 choke - what's that all about then?

I would like an early doors start on a quiet day so as to avoid any queues. Do you know what days are already booked up etc. I guess that would be the Sat and Sun and so may have a stab on the Friday.

Fitasc has to be the cream of the cream of shooting , but.... For me anyway.I dont like shooting 25 clays andthensitting around for 3/4 hour, then shooting 25 clays and sitting around for3/4 hour etc etc .It's admittedly very social but not for me. I prefar to shoot and then dish the dirt at the end.Each to his own. from Auntie :good:

Fitasc has to be the cream of the cream of shooting , but.... For me anyway.I dont like shooting 25 clays andthensitting around for 3/4 hour, then shooting 25 clays and sitting around for3/4 hour etc etc .It's admittedly very social but not for me. I prefar to shoot and then dish the dirt at the end.Each to his own. from Auntie :good:

Yes, I'm afraid that's what it's all about, you can reckon on it being an all day event.

To answer other questions, if it's not Registered then you can use whatever size load you like, yes, you do have to have a marker fixed to your vest, the gun butt must be below this mark until the target is visible, (speak to the organiser about this rule, he may give you a temporary "stick on" marker for the day).

As for chokes, I'm sticking with 1/4 & 3/8 and a good quality shell, i.e. Hull Sovereign, I use quite a few 6.5 x 28 gram loads on the longer birds.

It's good fun, a real experience.

I will PM Mung with the organisers contact details.

Cat.

Edited by Catamong

Where is he then? I would like to get this booked so I know what I am supposed to be doing.

He hasn't gone and done something daft like get a job has he? That's not going to help his scores now is it? ;)

I spoke to him at 1.30 - said you wanted to get it booked and that he would be along soon. Said he was up for it but did complain about the cost !!!! so maybe he's changed his mind :good: have txt him

Edited by Bigweed

Aye, I shot this event last year, if it's the X-Factor Ambassador shoot. The 'X' bird is quite an eye opener, I only hit 1 of them!!

I think I ended up on 77/125. The first two stands of each Parcour are quite straight forward, the third stand is another 15 yards further away changes things quite a bit.

Aye, I shot this event last year, if it's the X-Factor Ambassador shoot. The 'X' bird is quite an eye opener, I only hit 1 of them!!

I think I ended up on 77/125. The first two stands of each Parcour are quite straight forward, the third stand is another 15 yards further away changes things quite a bit.

I'd be happy wit dat

32g of Number 7 here I come.

Just phoned Mr. Dyson who will be belling me back in 15 mins.

Will be looking for an early doors slot on the Friday.

Not too sure about the hanging around bit though.

Mind you, never done it before so happy to give it a go. Being a "gun up" merchant I reckon it could be a bit tricky for me [note early introduction of plausible excuse]

Aye, it's definitely different. Plus you can't even move until the bird is visible. Though, I found the rules weren't that closely enforced last year. I went to great trouble sticking on a line to mark the where the the stock must be, and nobody else had one so I took it off halfway as it had started to unstick itself anyway.

Alright.

We are booked in for the Friday 5th March 10 a.m. off. get there for 9.30 a.m

Squad is:

Mungler

PDLM

Bigweed

Broken Man

And whatever poor unsuspecting people get lumbered with us.

£70 a head so bring wedge.

Tea and coffee will be available but he said to bring a packed lunch.

We will be done by 2 p.m.

EDIT:

Dave, I didn't know your last name, so you are shooting as "Dave Bigweed" :good:

Edited by Mungler

Alright.

We are booked in for the Friday 5th March 10 a.m. off. get there for 9.30 a.m

Squad is:

Mungler

PDLM

Bigweed

Broken Man

And whatever poor unsuspecting people get lumbered with us.

£70 a head so bring wedge.

Tea and coffee will be available but he said to bring a packed lunch.

We will be done by 2 p.m.

EDIT:

Dave, I didn't know your last name, so you are shooting as "Dave Bigweed" :good:

At least I'll be able to deny being there when the scores are published :yes::blush:

Edited by Bigweed

At least I'll be able to deny being there when the scores are published :blush::yay:

Anonymity guaranteed, it ain't Registered so the scores go nowhere.

There will be some seriously tasty targets, do study how other people approach the targets, particularly on the pairs.

Also, don't forget you get 2 shots at the singles. :good:

MC tells me his best seller "Book of Excuses" has sold out everywhere, so you'll have to think up a few from memory.

Enjoy the day guys, try not to get wound up about the waiting around between layouts, it's a good opportunity to moan to the Essex shooting fraternity about the lack of good local grounds. :yes:

Cat.

Anonymity guaranteed, it ain't Registered so the scores go nowhere.

There will be some seriously tasty targets, do study how other people approach the targets, particularly on the pairs.

Also, don't forget you get 2 shots at the singles. :good:

MC tells me his best seller "Book of Excuses" has sold out everywhere, so you'll have to think up a few from memory.

Enjoy the day guys, try not to get wound up about the waiting around between layouts, it's a good opportunity to moan to the Essex shooting fraternity about the lack of good local grounds. :yes:

Cat.

It's OK though Cat,

There will be so many excuses coming out of this one I will be able to make a killing on Vol. 2 :blush::yay:

• 2 weeks later...

Ok you mothers, time for the oxygen tent and early night. Tomorrow is the day - oooh I could crush a grape <delivered in the style of Stu "the crackerjack" Francis>.

Tomorrow I will be shooting with the Beretta I bought off Stumacher - it's a fraction shorter than my normal gun and I hope it will do the "gun down" business.

I didn't get out to buy any bitch mutha carts, so it's 28g of Eley No. 8 - as ever. Might bring a handful of pigeon loads 'just in case'.