Lost my mojo...

ochre

It happens don`t sweat it!

I know it`s easier said than done but I remember watching an EXCELLENT game shot make an **** of himself and was shouting and swearing at dogs,gamekeeper,flankers,girlfriend etc etc.and at elevenses went off with a G & T and returned to apologise to all,then demolished his birds and his neighbours birds if they weren`t fast enough.

`nuf said :D be cool.

hI ochre

The same thing happend to me last month ,with me the problem was I was having too much time and thinking too much I was tending to aim and stiffen up.

So I just went back to snap shooting the bird's., soon got back to my usual kill rate

I realy hope your problem is as easily solved.

As the man said relax and try not to think about hitting or missing JUST SHOOT AND ENJOY

Y.I.S G2g :D

Ochre you can`t hit `em all! I think you must accept that some days are **** and you make up for this by being brilliant at other times. One thing`s for certain, once you start missing it`s difficult to get it out of your mind. Be positive and try to remember the days you were brilliant and shoot yourself out of it. Either that or stop counting your cartridges!

I have a thing about counting cartridges to kills and often start a day`s decoying by lousing things up, but when I get home I count my cartridges and often come out around 2:1. I drop every cartridge into a bag to my right and if I think I`m shooting badly I count the cartridges there and then. I vow to take more time and definitely shoot myself into it. A quick count later on does wonders for your confidence, or vice versa. I often say to myself, `I think I`ll get my coat`but carry on shooting because I do tend to get better.

Learn to shoot sitting down mate. BRUK`s got a thing about shooting standing up and started a thread about it some time ago.

When you`re sitting in a water-filled ditch with both feet encased in gloopy mud where does the footwork come in then?? Anyone who advocates standing up every time, when shooting pigeons from a hide, hasn`t done a lot of decoying!! If you learn to shoot sitting down you have an instant advantage over people who MUST stand up. BRUK either visits too many clay shoots or reads too many books - or both!

No bones about it - you've got to want to KILL the things

...the rest will follow that instinct so don't over-analyse.

Furexample:

I did some clays the other week with some mates who'd only shot for a year - I got a "respectable" 60 but they all scored 70+

..but there was a walked up stretch in a gulley with 10 different traps and flushing bird sounds (duck, pheasant etc) to make it more realistic.... hit 19 of 25 including some shots I hadn't got earlier on the formal clay stands.

I put it down to instinct.