What did you think to first F1 race of 2010

Cookiemonsterandmerlin.

I didn't see it live, as the grandparents were in, and I went on the bbc news website. big mistake :good:

I then missed the start when my dad started it a couple of hours ago, walked in 20 laps in. Like others have said, paint, dry!

I still havent given up on it, bring on down under! :good:

I don't think F1 is going to get really exciting until they find away for the cars to drive better off line. The new rules certainly didn't help in this race but if driver can't pass because of tyre wear and overheating, well you get my point. Back in the Mansell days, they went 3 abreast down the straights and overtook on the outside of bends. I just hope the shorter circuits will offer better racing.

I quite enjoy the BTCC but don't like to see the contact, it ruins the racing. Swapping paint is one thing but pushing your component out of the way physically is not sportsman like and does spoil it.

Looking forward to watching Rossi and Stoner go at it again. :good:

The contact is what makes touring cars so good. Lets face it half the reason of watching racing is to see some metal get bent and some spins.

You might feel that way, and many will share your view.

Many will also share my opposing view that true proper circuit racing is at its best when there is no contact other than the odd bump or door handle. I happen to really like banger racing and Hot Rods, including Destruction Derby, but there is a time and a place for that.

The Touring Car stuff is where the real action is at - yes, real and actual overtaking and a bit of ramming as well.

I still enjoy watching the tourers,but it was infinetly better in the days with John Cleland,Tim Harvey etc and when the cars didnt have the obscene spoilers and there were real big spills! I always liked watching F1,but lost intrest when they started trying to slow the cars up by having grooved tyres,smaller spoilers etc and the biggest thing-when ITV poached it.