Rubbish On First Stand

tiganut

What about doing some exercises that warm up your muscles that you use for shooting chances are you are stiff and your arms are not used to aiming the gun straight away,use the gun as a form of weight and dry mount in a corner where nobody will feel threatend as you swing the gun around :good:

If you straighten the rest of the course, you don't have much to worry about :good:

:P

You havnt seen the targets.

Happens most weeks(not the straights)never noticed it before,always **** on the first one or two stands,mind you,I normally have one hell of a hangover :hmm::P

You havnt seen the targets.

Happens most weeks(not the straights)never noticed it before,always **** on the first one or two stands,mind you,I normally have one hell of a hangover :good::hmm:

To be honest, I'm always relieved to get the first stand shot and in the bag. I often do OK on it, I suppose, probably drop one or two, but I never feel confident.

I would benefit from a quick go on the pool shoot first, but the pool shoots at some of these comps are so hairy, it would **** me up completely :P :P :P

Yes, I've had some dreadful starts in my time, I well remember a shoot at Mid Norfolk in 1991, it was the East Midland Sporting Champs, I missed the first pair out on the first stand, a zippy report pair of low orange birds, I thought "Here we go........ :hmm: ", well I pulled my socks up and managed to stick in a 94, finished up winning the shoot 3 birds clear of Stuart Clarke on a 91, a good result, as they had over 400 entries. :P

The following week it was down to Hereford SS for the West Midlands Champs, and guess who stuck in a 91 to win that....:P?, our very own beretta, that's when we could both shoot well. :good:

Cat.

Edited by Catamong

Yes, I've had some dreadful starts in my time, I well remember a shoot at Mid Norfolk in 1991, it was the East Midland Sporting Champs, I missed the first pair out on the first stand, a zippy report pair of low orange birds, I thought "Here we go........ :hmm: ", well I pulled my socks up and managed to stick in a 94, finished up winning the shoot 3 birds clear of Stuart Clarke on a 91, a good result, as they had over 400 entries. :P

The following week it was down to Hereford SS for the West Midlands Champs, and guess who stuck in a 91 to win that....????, our very own beretta, that's when we could both shoot well. :good:

Cat.

It's good to know that one of you still can. Have you had any wins lately Cat? :P :P :lol: :lol:

We still don't know how he did on the Hepworth Hall FITASC gig?

It's a pretty poor show in this day and age for the people who run the course not to put the scores up on the net somewhere.

It ain't that hard.

Maybe there should be a clay scores section on here or even on claymoaning.com for competition organisers who run the odd ad hoc competition to put their results up on the tinternet. Indeed, you put "FITASC Hepworth Hall" into Google and you get nothing from the actual people organising or running the competition.

EDIT:

I would add that I had a shocker of a day, but would have liked to see how others got on.

Edited by Mungler

It's good to know that one of you still can. Have you had any wins lately Cat? :P :P :lol: :lol:

Funny you should say that, yes, I won a Compak Sporting shoot in France last weekend, at the La Pigeonierre ground near Amiens.

It was a tough shoot, I'd never shot the ground before, I did a 23,22,23,23, total 91, well pleased with that..!! :P

The downside was, the entry fee was 70 Euros, plus 15 Euros for the (compulsory but very tasty) lunch, and the High Gun prize was........................................................500 cartridges. :good:

I'll never moan about UK shoot costs again, still nice to know I'm back on form after a Winter layoff, can't wait for the big day at Hodnet..!! :hmm:

Cat.