selby game fair

2sledge

hi all

this is the first easter i have had off in years thinking of mking the trip up north to selby anyone been and how big is it also wife and two girls want to tag along is there plenty for them to watch etc and stalls to spend my mony on

thanks in advance

sledge

Last year there was a lot of thieving, make sure you lock the car, and keep your eyes peeled.

alledgedly it was the groups of dogmen wandering about.

####s or ****** were the thiefs at selby last year not the dogmen as you claim theres a difference between the two

I must admit it's quite dissapointing, I only live a couple of miles from it so would usually go purley because its on my doorstep, as it happens i'm working this year so cant make it but i'll lose no sleep about it.

If I had to travel any distance though i'd give it a miss and try find a proper gamefair as i find Selby just a Sunday market with a bit more going on.

It has gone downhill year by year, a lot of the stall holders used to stop in my local pub and I got to know them but sadly they all dropped off year by year as pitch prices went up and attendences went down, nowadays its quite evident when you're there that many of the visitors are just people from local areas out for the day to have a look at something different, the only good thing I can draw from that is just maybe one or two may find a genuine intrest in one form or another of country persuit.

Sorry :devil: I'm guessing thats not what you wanted to hear but I hope its sf some use to you.

Adam

I've never been before so I think its about time, the website looks ok and if there is a deal to be had then bonus!!

If you need a coffee whilst your there I would reccomend the coffee people!! (big maroon coloured trailer) but i would say that because its my sister!..haha

See you there, I'll be walking with the best looking little black and white ESS at the show!! lol

Safe journey PW Members.

The PM

I went yesterday,its my local fair but it wasnt very good,fewer stalls than last year could have done them in half to 3/4 of a hour no guns just big tool stall with a few smk stuff usual £1.50 coffee £3.00-£3.50 burger few dog lads i spoke to said they had had a good turn out but they had come mob handed so at least there mates were there to chat and pass the time,just to ask if anyones going over the weekend theres a big boot stall on the edge of the show ground selling boots obviously butt no clothes just jodhpur boots wellies all hunter stuff if its not too much trouble could someone get me a phone number for them and pm me it cheers paul .

Edited by smoothlybeer

Selby Game fair more like Selby sunday market, wot a load of rubbish, cost me 15 quid to get in wifes over 60 , guns no, a couple of **** air guns, i think the gun dog people had the best of it, will I go againe nope, cost too much, 3,50 for a sausage bun, £4.50 for a hog roast bun??? lots of clothing and nobody wants to be helpfull. the only one i felt was any help as a possable punter was the lady at the real leather tent, she at least gave a good account of what they did, hpow they did it and if i wanted something custome made no problems and to be honest i though 150 quid for a solid leather slip a bargain.

ian

Selby Game fair more like Selby sunday market, wot a load of rubbish, cost me 15 quid to get in wifes over 60 , guns no, a couple of **** air guns, i think the gun dog people had the best of it, will I go againe nope, cost too much, 3,50 for a sausage bun, £4.50 for a hog roast bun??? lots of clothing and nobody wants to be helpfull. the only one i felt was any help as a possable punter was the lady at the real leather tent, she at least gave a good account of what they did, hpow they did it and if i wanted something custome made no problems and to be honest i though 150 quid for a solid leather slip a bargain.

ian

would that be the hand crafted leather stall by any chance?