Pigeon Shooting Required in the South-West

old boy shooter

It seems that too many people want to rely on that Inter Web Net thingy to bring them shooting rights - unfortunately life's not like that - I got all the acreage I could ever cope with before PC's were invented, by face to face contact with the farming community, at a time when I could see that their fields were being hammered by the Grey hordes...it worked every time for me..!!

Old Boy shooter, get on your bike, scooter, car or whatever, get you binoculars out and be prepared to press the flesh..!!

Double H

Yes, even an ugly ****** like me, can still get shooting rights..!!

Edited by Double H

Been out doing just that today, had a long chat with a farmer who has a couple of isolated fields of rape that have been slow to get away. Neighbours on both sides have pheasant shoots so he's going to mention it to the keepers first out of courtesy and let me know. Given me the shooting on his beans next spring as its after the phessie season so no problem to the other shoots.

You've got to get out there and do the chatting, nothing to beat it IMHO if you want a lasting relationship with your farmers.

Hi guys just my opinion, if people on the site think it's so bad to ask for shooting on this site then then topic headline should be changed.(LAND REQUIRED) what are newbies supposed to think ? :D

Me personally i actually agree with most of you, I do'nt think anyone ever gets any shooting through these links, sporting shooter,sporting gun etc: I think they are all fruitless, but lets not hammer people for trying something that is labelled as LAND REQUIRED or no one would post on here!

I'm not having ago at anyone, just my opinion.(hope i do'nt get a heated response)

turk101

• 1 year later...
hi all,based in Devon,54 years old,BASC insured,experienced shooter looking for pigeon shooting,Cornwall, Devon,Somerset Dorset,Wiltshire,Hampshire or Gloustershire,willing to contrubute financially if required

i live in cornwall near callington and have land to shoot over, i am only 15 though but am insured, have a shotgun license and am a safe shot. would you be intereested in shooting with me? i am desperate to go shooting now but don't go out a lot because of my age