springer Vs top PCP rifles which is best?

roblade

ok folks im in such a good mood today thought i would share a bit of the good news with you all :lol:

rifles that entered the competion today (HFT style):

daystate MK3 RH (.177used by a left hand shooter.

daystate MK3 .177(this guy usually wins club comps)

daystate air ranger .177 (new shooter, new rifle)

styer LG110 .177(hft shooter and competition shooter)

AA protarget TH (.22) (FT shooter)

RWS cutlas .177(average shooter)

HW97 .22(owned two weeks and shot 250 pellets in total)

the competition rules are simple 1 point for a ding 2 for a kill and 0 for a miss, no twidling with scopes after first shot and no using bipods. any shooting position can be used.

Now if i were to ask which rifle/shooter won the competition i would be willing bet most would say one of the .177 daystates. So you can imagine how pleased i am to say WRONG!

it was me with my second hand HW97 .22 its not about whyat you got its all about how well you can use it side wheel scopes high mag dont help you hit the targets any more than an expensive rifle does.

I go through about 500 pellets a week at the range, though have only managed to put through 250 in the HW97 due to the lack of pellets so today i put a whole 5 pellets through it before entering the comp. was a windy day in the woods today but i still managed to be 1 point clear of everyone else.

so any one out there thinking they need to spend seriouse money to have a decent rifle think long and hard about a springer, ok so they are a little noisier and arnt a multi shot mag rifle. but unless your a profesional pest controller you shouldnt be thinking more than one shot ahead.

As long as your willing to put in the time and effort on a springer they can be just as usfulll and accurate as any pcp rifle out there :lol:

ROB :lol:

oh yes i havnt stoped smiling yet :lol:

it was the way i did it that hurt them most though LOL last lane to be shot i could hear the voices, but you droped the last few so you cant be in the lead LOL arguing amongst them selves who was winning, becasue i had the only springer in the comp they wernt paying much attention to my score LOL then when i turned round and said ok you two have droped 6 points, but i have only dropped 5 the look on thier faces was absolutly price less PML

You tried the Woodmans at Ashford Bigsam?

LB

kent woodsmen, they are good if you have a full ft set up but hunting kits are not the norm there. Got to say they are a good crowd down there thnk there a link on the UKHFT site to their contact details.

club near dover just off the A2, anyone welcome from chinese B2's to full FT kit :lol: even have a couple fo the ashford members converting as well :lol: first visit will only cost you petrol :lol: and pleanty of free tea and coffee sundays and thursdays :o

PS should point out both those clubs are NON FAC ONLY! faversham is the place if you have FAC rated air rifles, but they are principaly a live fire range.

Edited by roblade

Well done Rob , a similar thing happened to me , we had a small inter-club comp , any thing goes .22 .20 .177 etc . pcp and springers .

And guess what !!!!!!!!!! my HW97 .177 , won it hands down .

The only catch was , it was my mate who was shooting it :*) and sadly not me , just goes to show , the man behind the trigger makes all the difference :D

Well done Rob, will have to brush the cob webs off the lighting for next month. :lol: Anyway you only won because I couldn't make it up the club that day :lol:;):lol:

Must say Daystate set up £1050, Comp fee, £2, look on there faces priceless :) See ya sunday, do you need anything Co2, gecco's, a go on desert eagle :D Good on you.