rabbit wringing?

spider.20

hay guys i need some more advice!

my mate cliped a rabbit in his car last night and me being the airgunner and "used to these things" i had to finnish him :lol: . but i'm wondering if there's a better (more humane)way of doing it than the way i use. i grip the rabbit just behind the head with one hand and by the back legs with the other and pull. this mothod of "streching" is a bit nasty(it makes the same noise wen you step on an unshot clay :D ) an duz work but it's the only one i'v tryed. if you chaps know any other quic clean ways i'd be very glad to hear them.

thanks again

spider :)

hi mate if i was you try holding the rabbit by the rear legs so that it hangs it body downwards with its face aiming at the floor a quick sharp karate style chop to the back of the neck this should dispatch the rabbit quickly and humanly with little blood shed.

what you describe as stretching pull the head back at the same time brakes the neck quicker. another way cup your hand round the back of its neck put the heal of your hand under its chin press hands together brakes the neck. hit them to hard with a rabbit chop and you will have blood flying out of its ears. a another yo use a priest :D

I've heard of a chop with the hand to the back of the neck, but after a while it will probs hurt your hand.

Why not use a priest?

MH :)

I've often wondered about priests - what is the optimum impact? You wouldn't want to just knock something out for it to regain concisouness 1/2 hour later :D

I've heard of a chop with the hand to the back of the neck, but after a while it will probs hurt your hand.

Why not use a priest?

MH :lol:

I've often wondered about priests - what is the optimum impact? You wouldn't want to just knock something out for it to regain concisouness 1/2 hour later :D

It depends on the age of the preist. If he's retired he will be frail and old and will require more encouragement. ;):):lol:

A good firm downward stroke will suffice. If it gets a bit messy you know its a little too hard. :lol:

hay guys i need some more advice!

my mate cliped a rabbit in his car last night and me being the airgunner and "used to these things" i had to finnish him :lol: . but i'm wondering if there's a better (more humane)way of doing it than the way i use. i grip the rabbit just behind the head with one hand and by the back legs with the other and pull. this mothod of "streching" is a bit nasty(it makes the same noise wen you step on an unshot clay :D ) an duz work but it's the only one i'v tryed. if you chaps know any other quic clean ways i'd be very glad to hear them.

thanks again

spider :)

Spot on, breaking the neck that way is very quick and humane, I'm never one for dragging priests about, extra weight and something else to lose. i only use them for Trout, pigeons get held by the head and swung round and bunnies get the treatment you describe.

The karate style chop to the back of the neck is OK but if you're out ferreting and bagging a few it starts to hurt after a while (your hand that is !)

sometimes chin them sometimes stretch them , i suppose it depends how i pick the rabbit up in the first place, pigeons just get a flick of the wrist it's very very quick and the way i'd like to go myself, you owe it to the animal to do it as quickly and painlessly as possible without exception , if you don't want to do it stick to shooting clays/targets. :D

back legs in right or left hand lay its head on the floor rest your foot on the head and pull up quick painless and little effort involved

As Mr Punch would say THATS THE WAY TO DO IT !!!!

Lamp in one hand , and dog returning with a screaming rabbit , does not leave you with many hands to deal with the rabbit . But then again , he does'nt return em screaming very often lol

all the best yis yp :D

thanks guys. looks like i'v got a few ways to try. it can get a bit messy wen you'v got blood coming from there ears :lol: so i'll use the foot an stretch for them an maybe try a priest but i'm not into extra weight. i'll raid my dads fishing stuff an giv it a shot. not many rabbits about the now so i'll take the priest out next time my mate takes me a spin in his car :lol:

thanks again

spider

My personal method is to hold the rabbit by the back legs and with a smart overhand movement rabbit and ground meet, the outcome is predictable, quick and as humane as I can make it under the circumstance.

Dispatching a wounded animal as quickly and humanely as possible must remain our priority at all times when in the field should we find ourselves in such an unfortunate position,

please gents, lets not make a joke of it

pavman