New gun

The Beater

The most important thing is The Beater bought the right gun - hope the clays go well. Unfortunately I can't get away with rash purchases, as my girlfriend shoots too and knows the cost of these things all too well! Is it a match made in heaven or wot?

no you want the woman I've got she thought sparrows grew in to pigeons get away with a lot moor :thumbs:

Well you`re both WRONG!!! It`s bad enough seeing the bad grammar, spelling, punctuation etc. without saying that daughter, wife, son etc. etc. are titles that require a capital letter.

Just grab a newspaper and read the text. Do you see these words written with capital letters? NO because it`s WRONG!!! I agree that proper titles, like Mr,Mrs.Ms, Lord, Lady, Baroness etc. should begin with upper case letters but not all the examples quoted by Cranfield.

Edit: inserted all.

Edited by invector

Invector,

I've noticed that on the Gun trader forums somebody has the same handle as yourself and that they also have a keen interest in pointing out other peoples spelling and punctuation mistakes.

Could that be you?

Out of curiosity, could you tell me if your interest is in shooting and field sports or is it in baiting other forum members for the way they use the Queens English?

I would have to agree that words like "wife", "husband" etc. do not require a capital letter. They are not formal titles as such. When do you ever call someone Wive Smith or Husband Bloggs.

However, I see it as a bit pointless arguing about these thing on a forum where there is no need for absolutely correct grammar and punctuation. If I were reading a formal letter at work with bad spelling and grammar, I would be a bit sceptical. But here, as long as we understand each other, it doesn't matter.