idiots on my permission

lowlander

i went for a quick shoot yesterday with a mate, when we were about half way round the farm we heard a gunshot, we thought nothing of it and carried on our walk, but when we reached the top of a hill we we greeted with the sight of four lads with an air rifle :lol: i unloaded my gun and walked over to them, i asked them what they were doing to which they replied "**** all, what you doing" :hmm: , just as they said this another one turned up with a rabbit that was still kicking about and quite alive :) i dispatched the rabbit and my mate came over to tell them that he'd just phoned the farmer and he was on his way out, "so whats he going ******* do" then my mate told them that he was going to ring the police as they were commiting armed tresspass, to which they scarpered pretty sharpish :) what would you have done in a situation like this and did we do the right thing B) cheers

lowlander

Edited by lowlander

Every situation is different and needs handling in it's own way...and it is usually a problem to!!

I have one site in particular which I have sole control of but which does suffer from poachers, so I know anyone else there with a gun is illegal...yeh, right, 2 or 3 poachers with guns and dogs and spades etc, sure, I'm going to wonder over in the middle of the night and tell them to **** off!! :lol::hmm:

Phone call to the bill and tell them to get their **** in gear whilst I watch from a distance!! :)

Edited by Dekers

observe do not approach the subjects

ring the farmer describe them and make sure they do not have permission

call the police informing them you are there with permision and will make yourself known to them when they arrive

sit back and await police with no risk to yourself

simples!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frank

The advice youve had is spot on.

One of my permissions suffers lot from travelling youth, pitching up and doing hwat they please.

Theyve had smashed windows in response to having challenged them themselves, its a sad situation but its always best to leave it to the police.

Worst case scenario you get on the receiving end, the police can deal with them, and then walk away without fear of reprisal.

But i do admire the fact that you challenged them, though a day in court would probably learn them not to be coming back!

Heard a few stories of people getting jumped when approaching people in situations like this! If you know there defo Illegal then give the old bill a buzz n tell them your there n will meet them when they arrive :)

From the sounds of the guys there they deserve to get in trouble with the ol bill :lol: cheeky swine!

One things for certain you shouldnt get mixed up in it,you arnt the landowner and if something silly happens at the end of the day your license is on the table,you know what the climate is like it seems every no good piece of **** can do as they please and get a smack on the hand,but as soon as someone mentions guns YOU are the baddie ,read the shooting press you couldnt even stand up for a woman being attacked without someone finding out you got guns then the police are down your throat,it pays to be detatched :lol::lol:

farmer rang me about an hour ago to tell me that the same group of lads have turned up again and have just walked straight past him in his parked up tractor with some dogs :lol: so i told him what youve all told me and that he should call the police :lol:. but how cheeky can they be, they were kicked off the farm just yesterday and they are already back again :lol: im worried because there is a good number of hares on this farm and my mate thinks theyve probably gone after them :lol:

lowlander

Edited by lowlander

I have just had this happen to me on staurday. I approached and asked if they realised they were in fact committing armed tresspass?

I have just emailed my FEO to ask what they recommend. When, If, I get a reply I will post it.

ft

never mind the local bobby, send in the armed response unit! ring and tell them there is how ever many people poaching your the only one who can legally be there and they've got a rifle and your not prepared to get close enough to find out what sort of rifle

One thing you need to avoid is a confruntation with any idiots that are armed or where you are "outnumbered", especially these "idiots" as they have already shown that they have no respect whatsoever for other people or their property! The advice given above sounds the best for either you or the farmer the next time they are seen on this land. Call the Police and let them deal with it, you do not want to get accused of "intimidation" (Especially if you have one of your guns with you) nor do you want to get involved in the possibility any sort of "fire fight" with these morons!

Just the other night me and a freind bagging crows something catches our eye,we are stood on a right of way path which runs down the side of a rape field and heres twoof the local moronity walking bold as brass straight through the crop at a diaganol to the path ,wot is it with these babboons,dont they know its someones liveliehood,reported but usual reply to late nothing can be done :yes:

Yes its a real worry,I've also had a similar experience,it was at nite we approached a waving light and whistles to dogs and coomands being shouted at dogs we heard air rifles or .22 moderated? We knew they were poachers becase we were the only ones allowed there,we got about 50 meters away ,let a few shouts into the air and used the cover of darkness to stay hidden,they did one straight away!,we also had poachers lamping deer so we blocked the lane where there car was and called the cops,stupid idiots they lost there licences and got prosocuted.but we still avoided confrontation,u don't want them knowing who u are who knows wats comin ure way.

Edited by the running man