Wellies

Baldrick

I have got neoprene Chameau's and had them for 7 or 8 years no problems at all. If I was buying today I would probably go for the version with the Vibram sole as they are better for walking long distances. Don't ask what either versions are called, they are both something French and unpronouncable :*)

My mate has a pair of Aigles that get fair hammering (dog walking twice a day etc) and have just split, but they only about 2 years old, he is looking at Chameau's now.

Muck boots are good only £60 ish and I regularly walk 6 - 8 miles in mine over all types of ground never get blisters. not to hot in summer and never cold in the winter. had mine 2 years of fairly hard (2 - 5 times per week 6 mile) use and they still have a year left in them at a guess.

Dave

Dave im not far from you where did you get your muck boots from was it local cos i like to try them on first.

:thumbs: ;)

Time to invest in a new pair of wellies: has anyone tried the Garlands boots, as advertised in Shooting Times/Sporting Shooter etc?

Whilst it's been covered before, does anyone have any strong opinions on Aigle, Hunter and Le Chameau boots?

You wont beat Le Chameau, but you pay a premium for them.

LB

I bought a pair of the Garlands boots for the start of the season, after my neoprene lined Chameau's finally gave up the will to live, so far so good, decent boots at a good price, I bought the neoprene lined and zipped version for £79.99.

Got them from here, used these people a couple of times this year and found them quite good.

http://www.fmtc.co.uk/cgi-bin/web_store.cg...andard&cart_id=

Hi all

I've been wearing a pair of Dunlop wellies with "Seal Skinz" gortex boot liners as issue to the forces known as "MVP socks", waterproof, warm, comfortable and cheap are £12 inc PP off Ebay. Try this Ebay user name "circustom" he's got some on now.

All the best

Crocket

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

The Le Chameau Chasseur wellies, with the full-length zip: does anyone have the neoprene lined version? Are they too warm for year-round use? Most importantly, does the lining last as long as the leather lined version?

What's the best investment?

Yes I have the neoprene version, not the zipped one and YES they are way to warm to wear all year round.

The neoprene on mine is fine apart from a minor bit of freying at the top and they are 6 or 7 years old now, so that is only to be expected.