HELP PLEASSSSSE

shadowman

well ok, went out last night lamping, ended up not needing the lamp it was that bright, went again at 4 am, until now, came back with one Phesant, we are mainly wabbiters! :devil: we can see them but can we get close? can we nutts!, what can we do to pop a few off? a hide? sit and wait? stalk more? i think its down to the frost, crunching etc. thanks!

shadowman, your comment about coming back with a pheasant, did suggest that you had shot it by lamplight.

Thats why you got a reaction.

Around full moon and clear frosty nights are not best for lamping, in fact you need the opposite conditions.

You don't need a lamp to shoot pheasants at night with this moon surely !!! :devil::oops::P

Black night with a bit of breeze for good lamping, don't start too early and forget it when its frosty.

i am not that dumb! like i said i put the lamp away. the reason for my post is any TIPS on how to get up close in the frost or to sry my hides up!

i had a walk arround my shoot a few hours ago and took 11!!..

I found on with Mixi, i walked up2 a bit of woodland and one darted from under a branch i was sat on, walking across the middle of my shoot (about a 1km walk) i thought i was about to stand on a wasp/bees nest so i stoped and had closr look, as i went to boot it the thing moved, it was a rabbit crouched in the midd of the field under the grass, obv it ran off like a bat out of hell.

white fox

Good luck!

Here are a couple of tips:

Make your heading relevant to your post, there is a place for a sub-heading if it helps.

Don't use all capitals

Put your location in your profile

Work out for yourself why we use a lamp

OK, Firstly, dont try and tell me how to use a forum as i build websites for a living and more than likly made more posts than you have had hot dinners.

maybe i dont want my location on here. and as for the lamp! i have probs had more sucsee when lamping than yourself!

Shadowman I know you are only a young chap, but I suggest you don't write a book on "how to win friends and influence people".

You certainly have brushed people up the wrong way in this topic, and I for one can't be bothered to help you.

OK, Firstly, dont try and tell me how to use a forum as i build websites for a living and more than likly made more posts than you have had hot dinners.

maybe i dont want my location on here. and as for the lamp! i have probs had more sucsee when lamping than yourself!

If you are that good why ask questions just learn to spell . :P:D:devil::oops:

Hawkeye has said it :oops:

Shadowman, all of us on this forum look after each other and we accept certain criticism, but to insult us is a different matter, Fieldsports can do without people like you, that's why we get a bad name in the press because of mindless twits, who shoot off their mouth before the brain is in gear :devil:

ok ok, seems like i got a name for myself here, aww well. you need to look at when i joind here. big headed? hell no. i am shooting a 29ftlb rapid 7 so yes 60 yards is easy, but i cant pull them off a much more as i cant seem to keep steady. no i am sory if i have gotton off on a bad foot here! ?

but if ya want me leave then am gone!

ok ok, seems like i got a name for myself here, aww well. you need to look at when i joind here. big headed? hell no. i am shooting a 29ftlb rapid 7 so yes 60 yards is easy, but i cant pull them off a much more as i cant seem to keep steady. no i am sory if i have gotton off on a bad foot here! ?

but if ya want me leave then am gone!

best thing you have said.shut the door on the way out please.