This mornings buck and last Thursdays.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="480" height="385">

Took the jeep for a drive at daybreak,and covered about 20 miles.Plenty of roe about,but most of the bucks were not playing but ended up getting a nice one with long antlers.I had seen him 5 times since the beginning of April,and every time he had been rubbing larch trees.He is on the ground with the valley,but is behind the lads house so he has been quite a hard one to nail.I watched him about 500 yards away,and thought it would be a waste of time stalking as he was going in and out of the trees as though he was heading back in to cover.After about 15 mins a doe came out,so i chanced he would stay with her for a while and stalked within 150 yards.I set the camera up and took the shot,dropping him on the spot.Although he is very long antlered,there is no weight but still a nice even head.Hes a big buck and weighs 19kg clean.

Edited by sako751sg

Great shooting mate; like Frenchie said great marksmanship and very humane kills. Was that first buck a spine shot? I was waiting for it to turn broadside and next thing it dropped, excellent :good:

Great shooting mate; like Frenchie said great marksmanship and very humane kills. Was that first buck a spine shot? I was waiting for it to turn broadside and next thing it dropped, excellent :good:

Cheers all.No spine shot Ollie.Took him at the base of the neck.He wouldnt stand still very long and there is a bungalow to the left of him when i took the shot.If i waited for a broadside i might have lost the chance as he was going to the left.No wind so the neck was a good option and no meat damage either.

Dave a couple of nice vids fella :good: looks like you got some nice land there,and stubble no seen any of that since the new year.

The two parks of stibble are about 100 acre.The lad has rented it out for x amount of years,and the fella that has been taking it has tried to claim it,im not sure how,so the owner has fenced the entrance off,and dug big ditches at other entries so the cheeky *** cant get onto it.The wild grass and whatever is quite lush through the stibble and the roe find it very tasty.Behind the jeep is another place altogether,and i have that which is approx 250acres.The treeline is a huge wood and the supply of roe is never ending.The park probably wont get used this year now,and it will be good feeding for them.

Cheers all.No spine shot Ollie.Took him at the base of the neck.He wouldnt stand still very long and there is a bungalow to the left of him when i took the shot.If i waited for a broadside i might have lost the chance as he was going to the left.No wind so the neck was a good option and no meat damage either.

If you have the talent then neck shot is a good option to have. Enjoyed the vids; keep them coming :good:

The two parks of stibble are about 100 acre.The lad has rented it out for x amount of years,and the fella that has been taking it has tried to claim it,im not sure how,so the owner has fenced the entrance off,and dug big ditches at other entries so the cheeky *** cant get onto it.The wild grass and whatever is quite lush through the stibble and the roe find it very tasty.Behind the jeep is another place altogether,and i have that which is approx 250acres.The treeline is a huge wood and the supply of roe is never ending.The park probably wont get used this year now,and it will be good feeding for them.

Fine job :good: Your a lucky man some cracking land with a lot of big roe.

We have a lot of roe down hear but no weight to the heads i have one perm that has a hunded acre wood and its much the same seems to be a endless amount of roe in it,all be it i cant get a good head of it,in 20 years of shooting this one perm i have had 1 silver.

Keep them vids coming.

Fine job :big_boss: Your a lucky man some cracking land with a lot of big roe.

We have a lot of roe down hear but no weight to the heads i have one perm that has a hunded acre wood and its much the same seems to be a endless amount of roe in it,all be it i cant get a good head of it,in 20 years of shooting this one perm i have had 1 silver.

Keep them vids coming.

Very strange how some places produce decent heads and a place a few miles away produces run of the mill stuff.I have had the place with the stibble for about 10 years,and i have had one gold,167 points,5 silvers and 3 bronze off it.Very lucky to have it and touch wood i keep it for a long time to come.

And thanks all for the comments.Way way too kind. :P