Goodish bag on linseed

After a few busy weeks at work but very quite on the pigeon front a real lack off birds .

I spotted a 50 or so birds feeding regular on some linseed thats just coming though.

Not whats diffrent on this field was the wind direction out the north eastly direction and boy it was cold.

I have not know the month so cold on average I had all my winter gear on hat gloves etc.

But the birds where steady for 3 hours and full of clover and linseed finished with 32 .

Kind regards OTH

Yes, the wind was 'wrong' yesterday, and cold too. I put a netting hide up at the other side of the copse to where my permanent hide is situated in the clover fields where it was more sheltered, and took a few pigeons out as they came to the trees for a look. It is hard going this time of year as we have no new crops drilled and nothing planeed until after harvest.

Nice going OTH. good when you get on them at the right time.

i had a few fair days on the linseed but as soon as the second leaves come on the seedlings then nothing on it. i was told that linseed was a waste of time but all the birds a had the one day were crop loaded with seed. not so many a week later but still coming in.

peas next for me. birds are just starting to show intrest but low numbers so far.

well done again OTH

Phil.

Nice going OTH. good when you get on them at the right time.

i had a few fair days on the linseed but as soon as the second leaves come on the seedlings then nothing on it. i was told that linseed was a waste of time but all the birds a had the one day were crop loaded with seed. not so many a week later but still coming in.

peas next for me. birds are just starting to show intrest but low numbers so far.

well done again OTH

Phil.

two of us shot shot a large linseed field next to the river witham at tats bridge last thursday,we had the jets roaring over us coming in to land at the raf base but didnt bother the pigeons.we ended up with 65.craig

well done oth your making me jealous not a bird to be seen here at the moment only bunnies and roe :big_boss::P

Great stuff OTH. We are the same here Cocker. Bunnies are starting to appear for the first time in ages which is good news, and masses of Roe.